Frequently Asked Questions

Who is qualified to participate in Student Employment?

The student employment program at Stetson University pays students for services through a combination of federal, state and institutional funding. Most students interested in working on campus will qualify for one of these funding sources, although the final decision of eligibility will be made by the Office of Human Resources at the time of hire.

Does the Office of Student Employment place students in positions?

The Office of Student Employment does not place students into positions. Departments are given sole authority to select the students they wish to hire and the Office of Student Employment confirms the student's eligibility to work at the time of hire. However, our office does provide resources to locate employment on campus. Please see the Getting Hired page for more detailed information.

What type of earnings should I expect through the program?

Most students will be paid an hourly rate of $8.25 and will be eligible to earn up to, but no more than, $2500 per fiscal year. The fiscal year runs from July 1 through June 30. Students may, at the discretion of their supervisor and subject to approval through the Office of Student Employment, be paid at a different rate or through a bi-weekly stipend. Students should also be aware that they cannot work more than 20 hours per week while participating in the Student Employment program.

How often do students receive payment for hours worked?

Students will be paid bi-weekly. Students are encouraged to set up direct deposit; however, if this is not set up, students will receive payment in the form of a check delivered to the Post Office, Students will need to show ID at the Post Office window to pick up their paycheck..

My financial aid award included a work study allocation, what does this mean?

Students awarded a federal work study allocation as part of their financial aid award demonstrated a specific level of need on the results of their FAFSA. These students are eligible to seek on-campus employment through available resources and will be able to earn a portion or all of their allocated work study funds if they're hired. Receiving an allocation of work study funds with your initial financial aid award does not guarantee placement in a position on campus or that you will be able to earn all of the allocated funds.

If I have been hired by a department on campus, is there anything further I need to do to be eligible to receive payment?

Yes. Once hired, students must complete several forms as determined by federal, state and institutional regulations. More specific information about these requirements is available on the Getting Hired page.

When are Student Employment's Office Hours and Paperwork Hours?

Below are Student Employment’s office hours and paperwork hours:

  • Office Hours: 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
  • Paperwork hours (filling out your I-9 and W-4 forms): 10 a.m. – 1 p.m or by appointment. 

Who can I contact with additional questions?

Students may contact Nora Huth in the Office of Student Employment with any additional questions. Students may also contact Eva Mendez in Student Payroll with questions concerning payment for hours worked.