Wellness and Recreation
Stetson's Wellness and Recreation Department educates and empowers the Stetson community to lead healthy lives.
Through engagement with Wellness and Recreation the Stetson community will understand, integrate and influence individual and global wellness.
- Challenge and support one another to learn and grow
- Encourage lifelong well-being
- Embrace and integrate inclusion
- Foster a culture of respect and trust
- Model playfulness and enjoyment
- Share time, talent, and resources
- Promote community and teamwork towards common goals
Wellness and Recreation Awards Banquet - May 2020
It is with great sadness that we cannot physically come together to celebrate the outstanding work of our student employees, participants, and Club Sports. However, we wanted to provide an alternative way to show our appreciation and recognize annual accomplishments. We hope you take the time to watch our virtual Wellness and Recreation Award Banquet.
Coronavirus Wellness and Recreation FAQs
When will the Hollis Center be open?
The Hollis Center will be open in the following limited increments throughout the day in order to allow for cleaning and disinfecting.
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. (face coverings encouraged)
11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. (face coverings required)
4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. (face coverings encouraged)
Saturdays and Sundays
We will be closed before, after, and in between these hours to thoroughly clean and disinfect the facility and equipment. While we are closed, our focus will be on cleaning and disinfecting - if we miss your phone call or email, we promise to return your message as soon as we return to the Hollis Center front desk.
What will be open and available?
The weight and cardio rooms will be available for 50-minute timeslots via registration utilizing our departmental app (SU W&R). Usage will be limited to ensure physical distancing and you must register for a specific location (i.e. weight room OR cardio room). You will not be able to move between spaces. Access to the Hollis Center will be restricted to students and employees.
- Virtual programming will continue check out our website for more details.
- The locker room restrooms will be available. The lockers and showers will be closed.
- Please limit personal belongings brought into the facility.
- Water bottle filling stations will be accessible; however, drinking fountains will be closed until further notice. We encourage Hollis Center users to bring their own water bottle.
How do I register for a workout timeslot?
- Download Wellness and Recreations app, "Stetson University W&R," and create your profile. Available for iOS and Android.
- You can register for 50-minute workout timeslots up to 24 hours in advance through the app.
- On the home page, select "See Full Schedule" and select your workout date/time.
- When you arrive, say your name at the front desk and our member service attendant will mark you there.
What can I expect when I come to the Hollis Center?
- Hatters must show their daily self-screening status upon entry.
- All community members will be asked to follow physical distancing practices – maintaining a distance of six feet apart.
- Members will be encouraged to exercise individually, rather than in pairs or groups.
- There will be no “working in” on equipment and circuits are discouraged. Community members must finish sets and wipe off equipment.
- Hand sanitizing and additional wipe stations will be readily available.