In Case of Emergency
In case of emergency, call 911 or go to the emergency room at Florida Hospital DeLand, located at the corner of West Plymouth Avenue and Stone Street.
When calling 911 an ambulance will be sent out and they will need your exact location! (e.g. building name, room number, floor, contact phone number, etc.)
Injuries/Illnesses beyond basic care that should be treated as emergencies include:
- Large or deep cut or scrape with excessive bleeding
- Head/back trauma
- Loss of consciousness or unresponsive/disoriented (can't wake up)
- Dizziness/slurred speech
- Severe pain - possible fracture - lots of swelling
- Eye injuries beyond a minor cut or bruise or any sight issues/blood in eyes
- Breathing issues - chest pain - numbness in limbs
- Asthma issues/shortness of breath
- Excessive vomiting or passing blood
- Continual high fever (over 101 degrees F) that isn't reduced effectively with Tylenol or similar meds
Poison Control Center
Nearest Emergency Room
Same Day/Urgent Care
DeLand Centra Care, Florida Hospital Urgent Care
- Location: 2293 S. Woodland Blvd., DeLand, FL 32720
- Hours: Weekdays 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. and Weekends 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Phone: 386-279-7010
- On-site X-Rays
Minute Clinic at CVS
- Hours: Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Location: 901 N. Woodland Blvd, DeLand, FL 32724
- Phone: 1-866-389-2727
- Accepts most major insurances. Bring card, copy, or picture with you.
- Can do rapid strep, mononucleosis, and flu tests.
- Cannot treat stomach illnesses or refer to lab or imaging center for x-rays or other diagnostic testing.
Med Express - Deland
- Hours: Monday through Sunday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Location: 1328 N. Woodland Blvd, Deland, FL 32720
- Phone: 386-738-0574
Prompt Care - Orange City
- Hours: Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Location: 1133 Saxon Blvd., Orange City, FL 32763
- Phone: 386-878-4137
Visiting Stetson Health Service
If you're unsure if immediate care is needed, try the following resources:
During Business Hours
Go to Stetson Health Service (on-campus) Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. or call 386-822-8150.
During nights and weekends and when Stetson Health Service is closed, try:
- Central Florida Regional Hospital's "Consult-A-Nurse" 24/7 free hotline: 1-800-445-3392
- CHP/Nationwide 24 Hour Nurse Line: 800-633-7867 (Associated with the CHP/Nationwide Student Insurance Plan)
- Stetson University Public Safety (24/7): 386-822-7300
- Contact your RA (residential students)
Crisis Help Lines
All information shared with the following crisis help lines is confidential.
Abuse and Neglect
- Adult Protective Services Reporting Line: 800-414-2002
- Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Line: 800-422-4453
- Child help USA Child Abuse Line: 800-422-4453
- AIDS National Hotline: 800-342-2437 (English) or 800-344-7432 (Spanish)
- Al Anon: 800-508-2512
- Alcoholics Anonymous: 386-756-2930
- Alcohol and drug treatment referrals: 800-662-HELP or 800-729-6686
- Alcohol Abuse and Addiction: 800-851-3291
- Narcotics Anonymous (24-hour): 800-477-0731
- 24-hour drug abuse hotline: 386-428-1143
- Chemical Dependency: 386-322-9770
- Missing Children Hotline: 888-356-4774
- National Center for Missing/Exploited Children: 800-843-5678
- National Runaway Switchboard: 800-621-4000
Disaster Relief and On Site Intervention
- American Red Cross: 386-775-2777
Domestic and Family Violence
- Domestic Violence Hotline: 800-500-1119 or 386-775-1101
Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual
- National Gay and Lesbian Youth Hotline: 800-347-8336
- Gay and Lesbian National Hotline: 888-843-4564
Health and Bioterrorism
- Centers for Disease Control: 888-246-2675
- Public Inquiry Parent Information and Referral Line: 800-690-2282
- Teen Health Line (open daily from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.): 888-711-8336
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI): 904-248-7000 or 813-253-1000
- DeLand Police Department: 386-734-1711
- Emergency: 911
Rape and Sexual Assault
- National Sexual Assault Hotline (24-hour): 800-656-HOPE
- Rape Crisis: 386-254-4106
Suicide and Mental Health
- Suicide Hotline (24-hour): 800-784-2433 or 800-273-TALK