Grants, Sponsored Research and Strategic Initiatives
The primary role of the Office of Grants, Sponsored Research, and Strategic Initiatives is to support the university's faculty and student research, scholarships and strategic projects (e.g., campus-wide initiatives). The office assists faculty, students and staff in their efforts to achieve funding. We research and identify funding opportunities including government, private foundations and corporate entities. Our goal is to develop a university culture that encourages, supports and advances grant seeking and success.
We can assist with:
- Researching and identifying funding opportunities, developing and reviewing proposals, interpreting guidelines and contacting and establishing relationships with grant-making organizations, including assistance when contacting a program officer.
- What to Say- and Not Say- to Program Officers
- Creating collaborative opportunities between university departments
Whatever your research needs, we can help. We will run searches anytime you are looking for a particular grant opportunity.
GrantForward: New Grant Search Tool for Stetson Faculty, Staff and Students
- Start moving your research forward by creating an account to access GrantForward. In order to be able to take advantage of all of the features that GrantForward offers, you will have to create an account using your institution's email address.
- If you would like to benefit from receiving grant recommendations, then you will also need to make sure to create your researcher profile.
If you're starting work on a proposal to an external entity such as a foundation or government agency, please read the instructions to the First Alert Policy and the External Grant Form, and then contact either Carol Buckels at email@example.com or Sidney Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org in the Grants Office for assistance.