Grants Data Sheet
Proposal Submission Procedures
Submission approval: All grant and contract applications must have the required institution approval prior to submission to an external sponsor. The required institution approval process is the External Grant Form. Please contact either Carol Buckels at [email protected] or Sidney Johnston at [email protected] in the Grants Office before proceeding with the form.
- Indirect Cost Rates (IDC) (formerly referred to as Facilities and Administrative cost rates, "F & A", and overhead)
- 46.10% of all salaries and wages, including fringe benefits, materials and supplies, services, travel, and sub-awards up to the first $25,000 for each sub-award.
- This applies to all agreements unless the funding agency has stated a policy of either not accepting these costs or restricting the rate. The effective period for the agreement between Stetson University and the US Department of Health and Human Services extends from 7/1/2022 to 6/30/2026 (signed agreement available in the Grants Office). The on-campus indirect cost rate is 46.10%, and the off-campus indirect cost rate is 16.60%.
- Fringe Benefit Rates:
- 37% full-time salary support
- 9% part-time salary support and summer stipend support
- College of Law
- 26% full-time salary support
- 9% part-time salary support
- Travel Expense Reimbursement. All travel reimbursement must conform to University policies. If travel is charged to an externally sponsored project and a more restrictive limitation on travel expense reimbursement is set by the sponsor, then the more restrictive rate will apply.
- To obtain a copy of Stetson University's 501(c)(3) certificate, please contact [email protected].
- Stetson Single Audit (23 UG Report)
- Previous Year Stetson Single Audit (22 UG Final)
- F&A Rate Agreement
- IRS Exemption Letter
- Stetson IRS W-9 Form
- Applicant Organization - Stetson University, Grants Office, 421 N Woodland Blvd Unit 8277, DeLand, FL 32723
- Signature Authority - Signing Official (SO) and Authorized Organizational Representative (AOR) for Stetson University - Dr. Noel Painter (Executive VP and Provost), Mr. F. Robert Huth (CFO). The SO/AOR signatures will be obtained by the Grants Office.
- Individual/Office to be Notified if Award is Made - Carol Buckels, Director, Email: [email protected] Phone: 386-738-6686
- Name, Title, and Address of Person to Contact for Negotiation of Contract - Same as above.
It is the policy of Stetson University not to discriminate on the basis of sex, disability, race, age, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical characteristics, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law in its educational programs, admissions policies, financial aid, employment, or other school-‐administered programs. The policy is enforced by Stetson and, where applicable, federal laws such as Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Age Discrimination Act of 1975.The University is an Equal Opportunity Educational (EOE) institution.
Inquiries regarding compliance with these statutes, and referrals to designated coordinators under the ADA/Section 504, Title IX, and the Age Discrimination Act may be directed to the Dean of Students, 421 N. Woodland Blvd., DeLand, Fl 32723, 386-822‐7200 for the DeLand campus, and to the Associate Dean for Academics, 1401 61st Street South, Gulfport, FL 33707, 727‐562‐7809 for the Gulfport and Tampa campuses, or to the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, 400 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20202‐1100, 800-421-3481, TDD: 877-521‐2172. Revised and adopted as University‐wide policy statement by the Executive Committee of the Board of Trustees on June 6, 2011.
- Policies and procedures regarding scientific misconduct and conflict of interest are outlined in the Faculty Handbook.
- Information regarding Stetson University's policies concerning research involving human subjects is available from the Office of the Provost and Academic Affairs.
- Carnegie Classification - Master's Colleges and Universities: Medium Programs
- Type of Organization - Private Not-For-Profit Institution of Higher Education (IHE); Predominately Undergraduate Institution (PUI)
- Fiscal Year-End- June 30.
- Stetson University's taxpayer ID number - 59-0624416.
- Data Universal Number System (DUNS) - 047090428
- On April 4, 2022, the Federal Government stopped using the DUNS numbers and transitioned to the Unique Entity Identifier.
- Unique Entity Identifier (UEI) - LPBLQUYKQKJ3, expiration date is 02/20/2024.
- Congressional District - 6th Congressional District of Florida.
- Florida State Legislative Districts - House: 26; Senate: 8
- Federal Entity ID Number/ Internal Revenue Service Number - Contact the Grants Office.
- Federal Tax-Exempt Status - 501(c)(3).
- Florida Consumer's Certificate of Exemption - Issued under Chapter 212, Florida Statutes, Certificate No. 85-8012620824C-4.
- State of Florida Vendor ID Number - 59-0624416
- Finance Officer - Albert Aguirre, Director of Accounting and Controller
- Stetson University was founded in 1883 and incorporated in 1887.
- Our average student-to-faculty ratio is 12-to-1.
- For up-to-date information on tuition and fees, please refer to the Office of Student Financial Aid's Tuition and Fees page.
- You can obtain information about Stetson University from any of the following sources:
- About Stetson University
- Statistics are available from the Office of Institutional Research
- The Stetson University Data Reports and Publications
- Notice of awards and all supplementary information should be forwarded to the Office of Grants and Sponsored Research for issuing of a fund number and budget setup. Contact Brenda Knight (Asstistant Director for Post-Award) [email protected] for additional information.