There are several community agencies that provide disability support services. Some services are at no cost to the student; others are at the student's expense. Please contact the following agencies for additional information.
Center for Independent Living of Volusia
The Center for Independent Living of Volusia provides a wide range of services for people with physical, visual or hearing impairments. Some of the programs and services may include: peer support groups, sign language interpreters, advocacy, and information referral.
- Phone: 386-677-2272
- Center for Independent Living of Volusia Website
Center for the Visually Impaired
The Center for the Visually Impaired holds training classes for techniques for daily living, orientation and mobility, and communication skills. Other services are available for low-vision individuals and people adjusting to limited sight.
- Address: 1187 Dunn Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32114
- Phone: 800-227-1284 (toll-free) or 386-253-9178
- Center for Visually Impaired Website
Division of Blind Services
The Division of Blind Services helps people who are blind or visually impaired to achieve independence and self-sufficiency, and to lead lives of dignity through vocational rehabilitation, medical and social service and talking book library.
- Address: 1185 Dunn Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32114
- Phone: 386-254-3800
- Division of Blind Services Website
Division of Vocational Rehabilitation
The Division of Vocational Rehabilitation is dedicated to helping Floridians with disabilities to secure and maintain gainful employment.
- Address: 1390 S. Woodland Blvd., DeLand, FL 32720
- Phone: 386-736-5360
- Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Website
Easter Seals of Volusia and Flagler Counties
Easter Seals of Volusia and Flagler Counties provides advocacy, awareness, communication, referral and access, as well as social and cultural opportunities for deaf and hard of hearing individuals in Volusia and Flagler Counties.
Learning Ally provides books on tape for visually impaired/blind students, as well as other services.
- Phone: 609-452-0606
- Learning Ally Website
VOTRAN offers transportation service for people with disabilities.
- Phone: 386-761-7700
- VOTRAN Website
Other Helpful Links
ADD and AD/HD
- Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD)
- Resources for Attention Deficit Disorder
- Learning Disabilities Association of America
- National Center for Learning Disabilities
- The International Dyslexia Association