Start a New Organization
Use this procedure to start a new student organization. It can take anywhere from two weeks to several months to complete this procedure. Every application is reviewed on an individual basis as the Office of Student Development and Campus Vibrancy is dedicated to organizational sustainability.
Meet with Kat Thomas
The first step is to meet with Kat Thomas, assistant director for leadership and organization development. Contact her by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a meeting in advance or come by her office Thursdays from 1 to 5 p.m.
Meet the Qualifications
All new student organizations must meet the following qualifications:
- Have a mission that compliments Stetson University's goals and values
- Your organization and its mission should be unique and should differ from other active and registered student organizations)
- Have at least three currently enrolled Stetson University student members
- A faculty or staff advisor (must be a full-time employee of Stetson University)
- A constitution for the proposed organization. This can either use the standard constitution, which you can edit and use as a model for your constitution, or you can create a constitution of your own by following the non-standard constitution guidelines.
Complete the Organization Application Form
- Visit HatterSync.
- Log in to your existing account or create a new account if you haven't yet registered on HatterSync already. Make sure Stetson University is selected as your community.
- Select "Browse Organizations."
- Choose "Register New Organization" in the upper right hand corner.
- Select "Registered Student Organizations" as the umbrella (a logo with a green icon holding a flag) and then "Submit Query."
- When filling out the form, please make sure your constitution is attached in the appropriate section.
Complete New Officer Training Packets
Complete three "New Officer Training Packets," which need to be filled out by all three officers.
Present at the monthly New Organization Presentation
Once the above steps have been completed, email Kat Thomas at email@example.com to schedule your final New Organization Presentation. This presentation is subject to the following guidelines:
- At least two officers are required to attend this session.
- It's strongly encouraged that your advisor(s) attend the session as well, though they should not be presenting for you.
- All presentations must abide by the New Organization Presentation Guidelines.
Following your successful New Organization Presentation, your organization will gain all rights granted to officially recognized student organizations.
Exceptions to this Procedures
Some exceptions to this procedure can be made for honorary associations and organizations designed strictly for graduate students.