Grants, Sponsored Research, and Strategic Initiatives
The primary role of the Office of Grants, Sponsored Research, and Strategic Initiatives is to support the university's faculty and student research, scholarships, and strategic projects (e.g., campus-wide initiatives). The office assists faculty, students, and staff in their efforts to achieve funding. We research and identify funding opportunities including government, private foundations, and corporate entities. Our goal is to develop a university culture that encourages, supports, and advances grant seeking and success.
We can assist with:
- Researching and identifying funding opportunities, developing and reviewing proposals, interpreting guidelines, and contacting and establishing relationships with grant-making organizations, including assistance when contacting a program officer.
- What to Say- and Not Say- to Program Officers
- Creating collaborative opportunities between university departments
Whatever your research needs, we can help. We will run searches anytime you are looking for a particular grant opportunity.
If you're starting work on a proposal to an external entity such as a foundation or government agency, read the instructions and complete the External Grant Form or contact the Grants Office for any assistance.
Council on Undergraduate Research (CUR), 8/17/2017 e-news
Grants Office, DeLand Hall, 2nd Floor
- Federal Arts Grants
- Federal Business and Commerce Grants
- Federal Education Grants
- Federal Environmental Grants
- Federal Humanities Grants
- Collaborative, cross-disciplinary, and team-based public and private funding opportunities
Please review these sample budgets to help you visualize your research project: