The Stetson University Writing Center offers free tutoring in writing to all Stetson University students, staff, and faculty. Our friendly, trained peer tutors help writers across campus with any type of written work, at any stage of the writing process.
All writing tutoring will be held virtually until further notice. To make an appointment, choose the "Online Writing Center" when booking appointments on Stetson SSC. This video explain how to meet your tutor online using Microsoft Teams.
The following is a brief description that explains what students can expect when they visit the Writing Center. Instructors are encouraged to copy it into their syllabus for this semester.
Visit the Writing Center! Peer tutors can help at any point in your writing process, from brainstorming to revising. Although peer tutors are trained to identify and explain patterns of errors to students, tutors do not write, edit, or grade papers. The peer tutors at the Writing Center can be most helpful if you do the following:
- Formulate: come prepared to the session with specific writing issues to discuss
- Focus: be engaged in the session by playing an active role in discussing your paper with the tutor
- Follow through: take notes during the session and make changes afterward
If you have any questions about our services, or would like to request a class visit or workshop, please email us at email@example.com.
- Online Tutoring: All tutoring sessions will be held online via Microsoft Teams for Spring 2021.
- The Writing Center is closed on all university holidays.
- Main Location: the first floor of the duPont-Ball Library
- Business Satellite: LBC Room 209
- Sage Satellite: Natural History Museum
Tutoring (Spring 2021)
- Monday to Thursday: noon to 10 p.m.
- Friday: noon to 3 p.m.
- Sunday: 3 pm to 6 p.m.
- Mondays: 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Tuesdays: 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Wednesdays: 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Sundays: 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.