- Vote-By-Mail: If you signed up to vote-by-mail using an absentee ballot, then you will receive your official ballot in the mail several weeks before the election. Make sure to fill it out and send it back as soon as possible; we recommend sending it no later than three days before the election so that it is counted by 7 p.m. on election day.
- Early Voting: Early Voting takes place from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Oct. 19 through Nov. 1 at the Department of Elections at 1750 S. Woodland Blvd. (in the same plaza as the movie theatre and Gator's Dockside restaurant - about 3.5 miles from campus).. Note that you can only vote early in Volusia County if you are registered to vote in Volusia County.
- Election Day: If by Election Day (Nov. 3) you have not voted by mail or early voting, then you need to vote in person at your designated precinct. Visit this website to find your precinct. Precincts are typically located within two miles of your address. Your precinct will be open from 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. on Election Day; if you arrive but there is a long line to vote, you are legally permitted to still vote as long as you got in line by the 7 p.m. deadline.
What To Bring?
- A photo ID with a signature, such as a driver's license or a state-issued photo ID. If you do not have one, then two separate identifications - one with your photo (such as your Stetson student ID card), and one with your signature (such as a credit card) - are sufficient to allow you to vote.
- A copy of your Sample Ballot, along with any notes you have to help you make your decisions about for what/whom to vote. (It's not cheating to bring notes - we promise!) You can download and print your Sample Ballot from this website.
- Your friends! Sometimes the lines can get long during voting, especially around lunch and dinnertime when voters are off from work. Bring your friends and all vote together, then take a photo once you all get your "I Voted" stickers and tag it with #StetsonVotes.
Getting to your Precinct
- "Rides to the Polls": Stetson's Center for Community Engagement will be providing rides to go vote on Election Day. Meet in front of the Rinker Welcome Center for a ride! Rides will happen every half hour on Election Day (Nov. 3). Voting is open from 7 am to 7 pm.
- Walk/Drive Yourself: If you want to walk or drive yourself to your voting precinct, it is easy. If you are voting on Election Day (Nov. 3), simply look up your Precinct Location online so you know where to go - it is usually no more than 2 miles from campus. If you are voting early, you'll go to the Department of Elections at 1750 S. Woodland Blvd. (in the same plaza as the movie theatre and Gator's Dockside restaurant - about 3.5 miles from campus). Voting is open from 7 am to 7 pm.
Share your experience with others! Take a photo with your "I Voted" sticker after you've voted, and share it with #StetsonVotes. Be sure to like the Stetson Center for Community Engagement on Facebook, too!