July 15-20, 2019
The Stetson University Flute Workshop will be offered this summer on the beautiful campus of Stetson University in DeLand, Florida. The six-day event is open to all flutists entering 7th grade through 12th grade and will focus on the fundamental principles of flute performance. The workshop will encompass experiences performing in a large ensemble and a chamber ensemble, participating in master classes and performance classes, as well as enjoying faculty and student recitals. All participants will play in a flute choir and a chamber ensemble and are eligible to audition to perform a solo on the Young Artist’s Recital. The final concert includes performances by the large flute choirs and a mass flute choir made up of all the students and workshop faculty.
- Tammy Phillips, Visiting Assistant Professor of Music, Stetson University
- Carlos Velez, Flute/Theory, Western Oregon University
- Beth Larsen, Flute, Naples Philharmonic
- Bill Larsen, Flute, Southwest Florida Symphony
- Angela McCuiston, Owner, Music Strong
- Douglas Phillips, Director of Bands, Stetson University
Audition Music 2019
Advanced 9th graders may audition with the 10th - 12th Grade music if they choose; this may secure placement in the 10th - 12th Grade group but does not guarantee it.
Welcome Packet 2019
Participants will be housed in the Stetson University residence halls, eat in the student cafeteria and have access to all campus recreational facilities. Counselors will stay in the residence halls with the participants. Participants are supervised at all times.
If you have any questions please contact:
- Tammy Phillips, Workshop Director
- (386) 822-8978
- Sara Scarpelli, Director of Community Outreach