June 9-15, 2019
The Stetson University Clarinet Clinic is an intense weeklong event focusing on the fundamental principles of clarinet performance, including performing in large and chamber ensembles and participating in master and performance classes. All participants will play in a clarinet choir and a chamber ensemble and are eligible to audition to perform a solo during the Student Honors Recital to be presented on Thursday evening. The final concert includes performances by the clarinet choirs and selected chamber ensembles.
The 13th Annual Stetson University Clarinet Clinic takes place at Stetson University's historic DeLand campus. The clinic is open to clarinetists entering 7th through 12th grades.
- Lynn Musco, professor of music (clarinet), Stetson University
- Shawn Copeland, assistant professor of clarinet, University of Idaho
- Jessica Speak, adjunct professor of music (clarinet), Stetson University
- Douglas Phillips, director of bands and assistant professor of music, Stetson University
- Jessica Hall Speak, adjunct professor of clarinet, Stetson University
The 2019 Welcome Packet will be available closer to the start of the clinic.
The 2019 audition requirements will be available closer to the start of the clinic.
Participants will be housed in the Stetson University residence halls, eat in the student cafeteria and have access to all campus recreational facilities. Counselors will stay in the residence halls with the participants. Participants are supervised at all times.
If you have any questions please contact:
- Lynn Musco, Clinic Director