Stetson's Alpha Kappa Delta Chapter
Zeta Chapter of Florida
To study humankind for the purpose of service
Alpha Kappa Delta is an International Sociology Honor Society. Members are selected on the basis of superior scholarship and serious interest in Sociology.
Alpha Kappa Delta strives to promote the study of social issues and serve humankind, while at the same time providing an extracurricular outlet for students interested in the study of Sociology. We sponsor lectures, career fairs, movie nights, and participate in community service efforts.
Advantages of being involved:
- Enhance your resume
- Get involved in their major or minor
- Attend informative luncheons
- Get advice on educational opportunities and career planning
- Receive a membership certificate
- Participate in a variety of national, regional, and local activities of the society
- One time $50.00 Membership Fee (lifetime membership and one-year subscription to scholarly journal Sociological Inquiry)
- Eligibility to be invited to join AKD is based on a 3.0 cumulative GPA, a 3.3 GPA in Sociology courses, and at least 4 completed courses in Sociology
For more information, contact Sharmaine Jackson, PhD.