Telephones and Voice Mail
Introduction to 8x8
8x8 is Stetson University's provider of our cloud-based, university-wide phone system. 8x8 allows all users to utilize a computer, traditional handset, or smartphone App when communicating.
This new cloud-based phone system not only consolidates existing aging systems into a university-wide solution but provides business continuity in case of a natural disaster even if our campuses are inaccessible. Some other advantages of this cloud-based system include
- Answer your extension from your cell phone when traveling, if you choose.
- Access voice mail notifications in your Outlook email.
- View the full Stetson Corporate Directory. Regardless of your location, you can search names throughout all Stetson either from the desk phone, application or softphone.
- You will not have to press 5 before placing any external calls.
- You will need to set a new PIN to access your messages. Follow these instructions.
Voicemail PIN Setup
To Set up
- From your own extension/phone, dial 555 and enter your voicemail password, followed by the # key (example: 142536#).
- From another extension/phone, dial 500, enter your extension number, then enter your voicemail password followed by the # key. You will then be prompted to enter your password, followed by #.
Make sure the voicemail password meets the following requirements
- Passwords must be six to 15 digits long.
- Passwords must not be the same digits (e.g., 0000, 1111, 9999).
- Numbers must not be sequential (e.g., 1234, 4321).
- Your password should not be your extension number.
- Passwords should not be any year (from 1900 - 2017).
- Passwords should not be a repeating ABAB pattern (e.g., 1010, 1212, 3131, etc.).
- Passwords must not be 2580, 0852, or 5683. (These are common combinations based on key placement or word association.)
8x8 Virtual Office
Stay connected and collaborate more efficiently with Virtual Office Desktop—one application for voice, video and chat to help you stay on top of your communications, at any time and from anywhere. Make calls, send instant messages—both one-on-one and group chats— share files, start the video and audio conferencing, send a fax, record calls and much more.
8x8 Virtual Office Desktop Apps
8x8 Virtual Office Mobile Apps
- Virtual Office Mobile Apps Set-up and Download Instructions
- Virtual Office Mobile App Quick User Guide
Which Phone Do You Have?
Polycom 150 and 250