General Academic Advising FAQs
Below is a series of questions frequently asked by incoming students and their family members. If you have any further questions, comments or concerns, please contact the Academic Advising office at [email protected] or (386) 822-7345.
These scores usually come in by late July. If students are enrolled in a course that becomes a duplicate with the acceptance of these scores, the students will be notified and a correction will be made.
In order to get your schedule, you need to complete three things on your New-Hatter Checklist:
- PDA (Personal Data and Advising) Form
- Health History Form
- Immunization Form
Your schedule will consist of an FSEM course, the first course in your major, a general education course, and an elective.
- In your first semester, you may take a maximum of 16 hours. To be considered a full-time student, you must take at least 12 hours.
- Music students may be required to take 17 to 18 hours. Music students will be registered by the School of Music.
- To register for 11 credits or less, talk to Financial Planning about how this may impact your financial aid.
- If you completed your AA while still enrolled in high school (via dual enrollment), then you are still required to take an FSEM.
- If you completed your AA AND at least 1 semester at another institution after completion of high school, you do not need an FSEM.
- If you transfer in less than 24 credit hours you do need to take an FSEM.
Your Discovery advisor will assist undecided students in exploring possible majors. All incoming students will receive a full schedule from Advising based on the information provided in the PDA.
Students will have the opportunity to work with their New Hatter Advisors to change their schedule if needed.
Access the Stetson SSC from the Student Life tab on my.stetson. Once logged on, select “Schedule an Appointment,” then select “Academic Advising.” A drop-down menu will appear and you are asked to select the option that best fits your needs.
For incoming students who change their majors prior to beginning at Stetson simply notify your New Hatter Advisor who will work with you to change it via the Registrar's Office.
All ensembles are open to students regardless of major.
Students wanting to take private instruction on voice or an instrument must pass an audition with the appropriate faculty in the School of Music. Contact Andy Hunt to schedule this audition and learn about the audition process. Email: [email protected], Phone: 386-822-8975