Stetson University would like to take this opportunity to thank you and your family for your service. We recognize that post-military life can be challenging and if you or your family are looking for a way to invest your hard-earned education benefits, then Stetson University is the community for you.
"The Student Veterans on our DeLand and Gulfport campuses contribute to campus life in many important ways. Perhaps the most important way is in how they model for our younger students the seriousness of purpose and dedication to quality that are hallmarks of a Stetson education. They learned through the mission-based culture of their military service to devote themselves to one another and to the hard work required of successful students. We are proud to have them as part of our learning community."
-Dr. Wendy B. Libby, PhD, President of Stetson University
Our mission at Stetson University is to provide an excellent education in a creative, inspired and engaged community where learning and values meet. This learning with purpose allows students to reach their potential as individuals and live significant lives.
Stetson University is a military-friendly school and is a proud member of G.I. Jobs' Military Friendly Schools.
Participates in the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Educational Benefits Programs.
Current VA programs accepted by the University:
- Post-911 G.I. Bill (Ch. 33)
- Montgomery G.I. Bill (Ch. 30)
- Dependents G.I. Bill (Ch. 35)
- Voc Rehab (Ch. 31)
- Montgomery G.I. Bill - SR (Ch. 1606)
- Reserve G.I. Bill (Ch. 1067)
Proudly partners with the VA to offer the Yellow Ribbon Program
Stetson University offers several academic programs for undergraduate and graduate degrees as well as various programs for Professional and Corporate Education opportunities.
There is an active Student Veterans Organization.
Located in beautiful DeLand, Florida; voted number one best downtown in Central Florida.
Determining your status:
For those who are interested in enrolling at Stetson University, your first task is to contact the Office of Admissions.
- If you have no earned college credits from an accredited institution, you will need to apply as a first-year student.
- If you have earned college credits from an accredited institution, apply as a transfer student.
- If you have an undergraduate degree, you can apply to a graduate program
- If you are a professional and are looking to obtain Continuing Education and Outreach hours, Apply as Continuing Education and Outreach
In accordance with Title 38 US Code 3679 subsection (e), Stetson University adopts the following additional provisions for any students using U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Post 9/11 G.I. Bill® (Ch. 33) or Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment (Ch. 31) benefits, while payment to the institution is pending from the VA. Stetson University will not
- prevent the student's enrollment;
- assess a late penalty fee to the student;
- require the student to secure alternative or additional funding;
- deny the student access to any resources (access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities) available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fee bills to the institution.
However, to qualify for this provision, such students may be required to
- produce the VA Certificate of Eligibility (COE) by the first day of class;
- provide a written request to be certified;
- provide additional information needed to properly certify the enrollment as described in other institutional policies
The following forms are used to apply for V.A. sponsored educational benefits regardless of degree path:
Stetson University Forms:
VA Benefits Forms: