Stetson University would like to take this opportunity to thank you and your family for your service. We recognize that post-military life can be challenging and if you or your family are looking for a way to invest your hard-earned education benefits, then Stetson University is the community for you.
Our mission at Stetson University is to provide an excellent education in a creative, inspired and engaged community where learning and values meet. This learning with purpose allows students to reach their potential as individuals and live significant lives.
Stetson University is a military-friendly school and is a proud member of G.I. Jobs' Military Friendly Schools.
Participates in the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Educational Benefits Programs.
Current VA programs accepted by the University:
- Post-911 G.I. Bill (Ch. 33)
- Montgomery G.I. Bill (Ch. 30)
- Dependents G.I. Bill (Ch. 35)
- Voc Rehab (Ch. 31)
- Montgomery G.I. Bill - SR (Ch. 1606)
- Reserve G.I. Bill (Ch. 1067)
Proudly partners with the VA to offer the Yellow Ribbon Program
Has a signed Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Department of Defense (DoD) in order for service members to receive Tuition Assistance for approved programs. In order to be in compliance with the DoD MOU, we must reflect our full-time tuition rate and the rate per credit hour, though we do not bill the per-credit-hour rate for full-time tuition. Read the summary of tuition and fees. Note: the university reserves the right to adjust the above expenses at the beginning of each term.
Stetson University offers several academic programs for undergraduate and graduate degrees as well as various programs for Professional and Corporate Education opportunities.
There is an active Student Veterans Organization.
Located in beautiful DeLand, Florida, voted number one best downtown in Central Florida.
Determining your status:
For those who are interested in enrolling at Stetson University, your first task is to contact the Office of Admissions.
- If you have no earned college credits from an accredited institution, you will need to apply as a first-year student.
- If you have earned college credits from an accredited institution, apply as a transfer student.
- If you have an undergraduate degree, you can apply to a graduate program
- If you are a professional and are looking to obtain Continuing Education and Outreach hours, Apply as Continuing Education and Outreach
In accordance with Title 38 US Code 3679 subsection (e), Stetson University adopts the following additional provisions for any students using U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Post 9/11 G.I. Bill® (Ch. 33) or Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment (Ch. 31) benefits, while payment to the institution is pending from the VA. Stetson University will not
- prevent the student's enrollment;
- assess a late penalty fee to the student;
- require the student to secure alternative or additional funding;
- deny the student access to any resources (access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities) available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fee bills to the institution.
However, to qualify for this provision, such students may be required to
- produce the VA Certificate of Eligibility (COE) by the first day of class;
- provide a written request to be certified;
- provide additional information needed to properly certify the enrollment as described in other institutional policies
The following forms are used to apply for V.A. sponsored educational benefits regardless of degree path:
Stetson University Forms:
For the 2023-2024 academic year, please complete the Veterans Benefits Request form. These forms should be submitted to Stetson University's Office of Financial Aid along with a certificate of eligibility (VA Form 22-0557) or award letter (VA Form 20-8993). Once we have received this form, we will notify the VA regional office of your enrollment.
VA Benefits Forms: