Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I take summer college courses?
- Add a minor or second major
- Accelerate your academic program
- Keep on track for graduation
- Take required and elective classes that are hard to schedule in the fall and spring semesters
- Study on campus or at home
- Online courses either meet at designated times or are set up to meet your needs
When can I take summer college courses?
- Session 1: May 16 - June 14
- Session 2: May 16 - July 6
- Session 3: June 16 - July 15
- Session 4: June 20 - July 29 (Summer Experiences will run during Session 4)
How much will it cost?
- Full-unit course: $2,340
- Quarter-unit course: $585
- Half-unit course: $1,170
- Three-quarter-unit course: $1,755
- Internship course unit rate: $500
- Half-unit internship course: $250
When and how can I register?
Current Stetson Students
Registration is available online beginning February 1. A registration pin to enroll in summer classes is no longer necessary. Browse the summer course offerings and register now!
Visit the Office of Admissions website to begin your enrollment process.
Fill out the non-degree seeking student form and visit the Office of Admissions website. Once filled out, you work with the registrar's office to register for courses. We also ask for a transcript from your current institution and a form showing approval from your institution to take the course(s) at Stetson.
How many summer college courses can I take?
Undergraduate students may take up to two courses (equivalent of eight credit hours) per session or overlapping sessions. The maximum course load for the entire summer for undergraduate students is three courses (equivalent to 12 credit hours). Incoming, first-year students may take only one course per session or overlapping sessions.
What are the regulations regarding withdrawals/refunds?
See the current refund policy in the Stetson University Catalog which states: "In the summer term, students who withdraw within the first week will receive a tuition and residence hall refund of 50 percent. After one week, no refunds will be made."
Is there financial assistance available for summer courses?
The Office of Financial Planning can provide information on financial assistance options available to undergraduate students during the summer. The office may be contacted at 386-822-7120.