Individual lessons are the best way to learn a new instrument or advance your musical skills. Lessons are available to children ages 8 and older as well as adult learners. Through our connection with the Stetson University School of Music, we are able to offer in-person lessons in an incredible array of instruments on Stetson's DeLand campus, including:
- Voice (for students 15 and older)
- French Horn
You have the option to work with a current Stetson undergraduate music student, or with a professional community teacher. Either way, you will receive excellent, personalized instruction.
Registration for our full fall set (which includes 13 half-hour lessons) will be open from August 9, 2023, through September 15, 2023. After September 15, you may register for our abbreviated lesson set (8 half-hour lessons).
If you're new to the Community Music School or have not already connected with an instructor, please contact Sarai Moore prior to registration to confirm instructor availability in your instrument or voice area.
- Full fall tuition (13 half-hour lessons): $325 with a degreed musician | $205 with a student teacher
- Abbreviated fall tuition (8 half-hour lessons): $210 with a degreed musician | $135 with a student teacher
- Location: Presser Hall
- Day and Time: Lessons are scheduled on an individual basis between each student and their teacher. Once you've registered, your assigned teacher will contact you to set up a convenient time for weekly lessons.
- Program Liability Waiver and Medical Consent Forms: Please email your completed forms to [email protected] or bring signed copies to your first lesson. These forms will be sent to you upon registration in a confirmation email. Please contact Sarai Moore if you have not received a confirmation email after registering.
- Attendance and Cancellation Policy: Students must inform instructors if they'll be late or absent at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled lesson time. Makeup lessons are not provided for missed lessons without sufficient prior notice to the instructor.
Hour-long lessons are available for advanced students. Not sure if you should sign up for hour-long lessons? Talk to your teacher, or email Sarai Moore, Interim Director of Community Outreach, at [email protected]
Please note, Sara Scarpelli will be on maternity leave until mid-October 2023. In the meantime, please contact Sarai Moore for any questions or concerns.
For more information about where to park, how lessons are scheduled, our cancellation policy, and more, please check out our FAQ page.