Major and Minor Requirements
This page provides an overview of the curriculum requirements for both our major or minor degrees in religious studies!
General Education Requirements
The student must complete the General Education requirements for the College of Arts and Sciences degree.
- No collateral requirements for the major
- One unit from the following at the 100 level (1)
- Two units from each of the three following categories, four of which must be 300 or 400 level courses (6)
- Two units in Jewish and Christian traditions from the following:
- Two units in Islamic and Asian religious traditions from the following:
- Two units in Religion, History, and Society from the following:
- One unit of RELS electives (1)
- Complete the following four courses (2)
* Students satisfying RELS 499 through another course must still complete a total of 10 units with the RELS major by substituting a 300 or 400 level RELS course.
General Electives: 13 units
Total Units: 32