Throughout the Carlton Student Union, we are excited to promote initiatives and opportunities driven by our university to make Stetson the amazing community that it is! Learn about all of the opportunities to market throughout the CUB and also learn about important marketing policies that helps create a welcoming environment throughout this space.
Bulletin Boards and Poster Holders
Are you trying to promote a university event or initiative? Print a poster to have it hung on a bulletin board or in a poster holder in the CUB. Here are important guidelines to follow:
- Design a vertical 8.5 x 11 inches and/or a vertical 11 x 17 inches poster that includes information about the initiative or event you are working to promote. For easy access to color printing in both these sizes, check out Stetson's Print Shop.
- Posters must include information about how to access the initiative or when and where the event is taking place. In addition, do not forget to include who is overseeing the initiative or event.
- The week before you want posters hung, please bring up to six copies of the poster (limited to six posters in each poster size) to the CUB Information Desk on the south side of the building near the coffee shop for approval Monday - Friday between 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Once the posters are approved, CUB Crew members will hang the posters on bulletin boards and poster holders throughout the building each Monday morning.
- Posters will only be hung in the building for up to three weeks.
- Posters must be university initiatives or events and cannot be promoting events or initiatives outside of the university.
- Posters can only be hung by CUB Crew members throughout the building and cannot be hung in public spaces other than bulletin boards and poster holders. If individuals or groups are found in violation of this, they may be reviewed for their access to market in the CUB.
If you are looking for a free and technology centered way to market in the CUB, check out the many digital billboards located throughout the CUB. Here are important guidelines to follow:
- Design a vertical 11 x 17 inches png or jpeg image that includes information about the initiative or event you are working to promote. Recommended minimum image size so your image will fill the CUB Digital Billboards screens is 2160 x 3840 pixels.
- The image must include information about how to access the initiative or when and where the event is taking place. In addition, do not forget to include who is overseeing the initiative or event.
- Digital billboards must be submitted via the CUB Digital Billboard Form by Thursday at 11:59 p.m. the week before the student organization, department program, or department would like it posted on digital billboards in the CUB.
- Digital billboards are updated on Mondays and submitted digital posters will be placed on various digital billboards depending on the number of submissions received for the week.
CUB Marketing Policies
The CUB is focused on creating a supportive environment for the many Hatters that come through our building every day so we work together to make sure that we create that environment through everything we do including marketing. Here are important guidelines to follow as you market throughout the CUB:
- All posters in public spaces are to be posted by CUB Crew members (as explained above) to make sure that posters are meeting expectations, are being displayed properly and equal opportunities for marketing are being provided to groups to market throughout the CUB.
- CUB Information Desks do not display handouts, donation boxes, posters, or other marketing.
- When utilizing university logos, wordmarks, and seals university brand guidelines must be followed.
- Marketing drops are not allowed throughout the CUB. This includes the intentional leaving of handouts, flyers, giveaways, prizes, snacks with stickers on them, buttons on cards or rolled up t-shirts with notes on tables, purposeful locations or hidden places for people to find with the intention of marketing a program, initiative or group.
- Posting is not allowed in non-designated locations (public doors, walls, floors, etc.) unless approved by the CUB building coordinator.
For questions about marketing in the Carlton Student Union Building, reach out to [email protected] for help.