SACSCOC 10-Year Reaffirmation Process
The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) is a regional accrediting body of higher education institutions in the Southern states. SACSCOC accreditation requires that an institution:
- Have a mission appropriate to higher education.
- Have resources, programs, and services sufficient to accomplish and sustain that mission
- Maintain clearly specified educational objectives that are consistent with its mission and appropriate to the degrees it offers, and that indicate whether it is successful in achieving its stated objectives.
To maintain accreditation, the institution must complete a reaffirmation process every ten years, including the Compliance Certification report, Quality Enhancement Plan, and an on-site review. Through this reaffirmation, the institution will conduct an internal review to determine its effectiveness in fulfilling its mission, and its compliance with the requirements of the accreditation.
- May-December 2019 | Initial planning, selection of Leadership Team and Section Leaders; Distribution of Materials; Audit/Assessment of Policies and Procedures for Compliance
- December 2019 | Orientation session for Leadership Team at Annual Meeting
- January 2020 – August 2021 | Development of Compliance Certification and QEP
- September 7, 2021 | Compliance Certification due
- November 2-5, 2021 | Review by Off-Site Reaffirmation Committee
- December 2021 – March 2022 | Focused Report and QEP due [4-6 weeks before the on-site visit]
- January – April 2022 | On-site visit
- May – September 2022 | Response Report due (if needed)
- December 2022 | Reaffirmation decision