Value of a Stetson Education
The statement below about the Value of a Stetson Education is presented here for consideration by all students, alumni, faculty and staff. If you have feedback or comments about the statement, we welcome that dialog and encourage you to either participate in the comments section below or send confidential feedback through the online feedback form; feedback through the online form may be submitted anonymously.
We appreciate your review and ask that your comments and feedback be submitted by Friday March 31, 2017.
The value of a Stetson education is reflected in
- a foundation in writing, speaking, reasoning and critical thinking that provides a springboard for an exceptional education in a major, field, or discipline;
- individualized experiences with extraordinary faculty, who mentor each student through individual advising; small, interactive classes; engaged learning in and beyond the classroom; and collaborative learning that culminates in a senior-year capstone experience to prepare each student for professional life after Stetson;
- a transformative experience that includes expert disciplinary learning, shaped through a curriculum and community that encourages civic responsibility, ethical reasoning, global citizenship, inclusion and equity;
- a community that values every individual, providing excellent academic and support services to ensure that all students have the opportunity to realize their academic, professional, and personal potential;
- more than a century of preparing successful graduates who gain acceptance into top-tier graduate and professional programs, pursue meaningful careers, and are prepared to lead in a 21st Century world.