Social networks connect people to one another. These online communities allow people to join for free, establish a profile and connect with friends, colleagues, causes and interest groups in a variety of formats including photos, videos, text and live streams.
What We Offer
This service is available to any official Stetson University entity in accordance with the university's Social Media Policy.
We offer general support to users setting up access to social networks for the first time for the purposes of furthering the university's mission. Approved university social networks include Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to handle photo and video content. *Please keep in mind that we are currently denying requests for LinkedIn, Pinterest, Snapchat, TikTok and YouTube accounts.
All future accounts must go through the approval process, including submission of the Account Request Form. Once submitted, you will receive communication from our Social Media Manager, granting or denying approval. When submitting your request, you should be able to answer these questions:
- How will a social media account benefit your area (department, team, club or organization)?
- What problem would it solve?
- How will it help meet the area's goals?
If you decide that a new account is right for you, then continue to the following steps:
- Determine if your content fits into the type of network you'd like to access.
- Determine if you have the resources needed to maintain vibrancy on a social network.
- Submitting the Account Request Form.
- Receive communication from our Social Media Manager with the recommended best course of action moving forward.