Online marketing is a way to reach targeted audiences, amplify your message, and promote a call to action or build awareness. An online marketing campaign generally consists of paid and organic (free) components.
- Paid: These components may consist of interactive text, photo and/or video ads on social media platforms and websites, as well as email blasts.
- Organic: These components are targeted social media posts and engagement crafted to support the paid components of the campaign and further their reach.
Online campaigns can be part of larger marketing campaigns that include print materials and other traditional advertising placements.
What We Offer
Stetson University Marketing offers online marketing consultation, campaign development and implementation services to official university entities. We'll help you determine what type of campaign best fits your needs, provide an overview of available options, explain campaign budgeting, help determine campaign scheduling and assist in handling campaign logistics and implementation.
- Determine your goals.
- Do you need an online campaign?
- What's your message and who are you trying to reach?
- What do you hope to achieve?
- Think about the demographics of your target audience. Online marketing works best when the advertising is placed on the social media platforms most frequented by the target audience.
- Determine the age range, geographic location(s) and interests of your intended audience.
- Consider your budget. Because your campaign will constantly compete with other advertisements for the same online real estate, the pricing for online marketing changes daily. This applies whether you want to advertise on Facebook or through Google AdWords. A bid auction determines who receives a placement, and the bid price needed to secure a position changes frequently as different advertisers submit bids. Remember, online advertising is "open" 24/7.
- Set an overall budget for the campaign. This should be the maximum you're willing to spend.
- We'll work closely with you to determine how much to spend on bids, and will take care of the bidding process for you. Depending on where you place ads, the platform itself may offer an automated bid process.