Early Decision Benefits
Early Decision is a program offered to students that bleed green and are certain they want to attend Stetson University in the fall. Early Decision has some inherent benefits, and we think you should carefully weigh the pros and cons when selecting. If you are considering other institutions or wish to compare financial aid offers, apply Early Action. Students admitted under the Early Decision program may be eligible for the following:
- Early Response: Students admitted under the Early Decision program will be notified of their acceptance decision early – prior to all other applicants!
- Early Registration: We will open Fall 2023 registration first to those New Hatters who were admitted under the Early Decision Program. It’s a great way to get your fall class selections locked in.
- Pick your own room: If you (and your preferred roommate if you have one) have submitted the housing application, you can select your room early during Room Self-Selection in early April.
- Strengths at Stetson: Gain early access to a Certified Strengths Coach who will help you develop individualize plans that explore your personal Strengths and develop plans to leverage these Strengths in your college experience.
- Financial Aid: We will ensure that you will receive priority in academic scholarship and financial aid consideration.
- Free Parking: We will waive the parking permit fee for your first year.
- Peace of mind: Students applying for Early Action will find themselves vying for a select number of spots in the first-year class. Applying for Early Decision allows students peace of mind.
Students accepted under Stetson's Early Decision Program complete an agreement between the institution, family and student, and guidance counselor. Applicants are encouraged to review the Early Decision stipulations carefully and contact their admission recruiter to discuss the reasons why applying early will give you an edge over other students.