Documentation Guidelines for Physical Disabilities, Psychological Disorders and Other Health Impairments
Recommendations for accommodations for students with physical disabilities or other health impairments will be made in accordance with the nature of their disabilities.
Evaluations of the student's disability should be conducted by a qualified professional who has training and experience in the field of the disability, providing documentation for Academic Success. Documentation should include the following criteria:
- The evaluator's name, title, credentials, license number, signature and date of evaluation on letterhead;
- A diagnostic statement identifying the disability and date of the original diagnosis;
- A description of the diagnostic criteria and/or diagnostic test(s) used;
- A description of the current functional limitations of the disability in an educational setting;
- A list of any medication (dosage and existing side effects), assistive devices/services, treatments currently prescribed or in use, as well as, the impact of those medications on the student;
- A description of the expected progression or stability of the impact of the disability over time;
- Recommendations for accommodations, adaptive devices, assistive services and/or strategies to compensate for the functional limitations.