The Hatter1card is Stetson University's new combination ID card and reloadable prepaid MasterCard®. The MasterCard® feature is managed by Fifth Third Bank.
The Hatter1card's versatility and convenience mean you can use it for just about anything, including:
- Photo ID
- Access to select residence halls
- Access to meal plans and HatterBucks
- ATM withdrawals1
- MasterCard® debit card transactions1
The Hatter1card's simplicity and convenience mean it's the only card you'll need to carry!
1 Available when Prepaid MasterCard is activated. Fifth Third Bank Prepaid MasterCard activation is not required to use as a student ID. A $25 deposit or a student refund deposit is required to open a MasterCard Prepaid account. You will incur a $2.00 per transaction fee from Fifth Third Bank to use another banks ATM through August 31, 2016. $2.75 per transaction effective beginning September 1, 2016. When you use an ATM not owned by us, you may be charged an additional fee by the ATM operator or any network used (and you may be charged a fee for a balance inquiry even if you do not complete a fund transfer). In addition, see FAQ question: Can I use my PacerCard at a non-Fifth Third Bank ATM? Other fees and restrictions may apply. See banker for details.
How the Hatter1card Works
- The debit card number is pre-printed.
- Prox Chip added to allow tap access to equipped doors.
- Barcode for cultural credit tracking.
- Card works within the PULSE®, Cirrus®, Presto!® and MasterCard® networks.
- The top, black magnetic stripe is for bank purposes and is programmed like any MasterCard®/ATM card.
- The bottom, silver stripe is for use at on-campus dining venues and tracks your meal plans and HatterBucks.
Pursuant to Department of Education 34 CFR Part 668, linked below is the Campus Card Program Agreement between Stetson University and Fifth Third Bank. This agreement covers the University ID card issued to Stetson University students on the DeLand campus. Students have the option to link this ID card to a Fifth Third prepaid debit card account. This is entirely optional at the student’s discretion and is not required. There are no initial fees nor annual service fees associated with opening an account and linking it to the Stetson University ID card. Since inception in the 2013/2014 academic year the participation rate for linking the ID card to a Fifth Third prepaid debit card account has ranged from 13% to 21%.