Office of the Provost and Academic Affairs
Under the leadership of the Executive Vice President and Provost, Elizabeth L. Paul, Ph.D., the Office of the Provost and Academic Affairs provides oversight for the University’s academic units, academic offices, and related institutes, centers, programs, and initiatives. The provost serves as the chief academic officer and provides leadership and direction in the form of strategic planning, annual priorities, and budgeting. As executive vice president , Dr. Paul's responsibilities include:
- Providing intellectual and administrative leadership of the faculty and academic support staff;
- Overseeing academic and curricular development and the assessment of student performance;
- Recruiting, orienting, developing and evaluating the faculty;
- Developing and administering the curriculum; and
- Supervising the university's academic support programs
Happy New (Academic) Year!
We are pleased to welcome a record number of new Hatters to our community, as well as new full-time faculty Hatters. Check out the Stetson Today article to learn more about our dynamic new teacher-scholar faculty. You can also read brief biographies of each of new faculty, and we hope you have the opportunity to meet them on campus and in the classroom soon!