Fraternity and Sorority Involvement
Changing Lives for Good
For over 100 years, fraternities and sororities have played a vital role in the rich history of campus vibrancy at Stetson University. Grounded in the university's core values -- personal growth, global citizenship, and intellectual development -- our fraternity and sorority program works to provide opportunities for service, leadership, scholarship, learning, and lifelong relationships.
Congratulations to the 328 new fraternity/sorority members! This was a record-breaking recruitment for the fourth consecutive year.
We officially have a new 2015 Greek Week Committee! Congratulations to our new committee members, we are looking forward to an amazing Greek Week.
Chair: Alex Paulus
Members: Diana Dupre
National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC) Fraternity/Sorority Interest Forms
We're proud to announce that Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc. has joined the university's Greek family. The National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC) is a collaborative organization of nine historically African American, international Greek lettered fraternities and sororities. If you're interested in learning more and/or potentially joining Sigma Gamma Rho or would like more information about the possibility of starting an NPHC fraternity, please send us your information.
Greek Events Calendar
For a comprehensive list of all Greek events happening during the 2014-2015 academic year, check out our updated master calendar.
Spring Important Dates
- January 19: Sigma Gamma Rho Interest Meeting
- January 25, 2015: Greek Leadership Training
- January 29-February 1: AFLV Conference
- March 2-6: Spring Break
- March 10: Spring New Member Retreat
- March 13-14: Greek Leadership Summit
- March 23-27: Greek Week
- March 31: Foundations of Excellence (FOE) Packet Due
- April TBD: FOE Interviews
- April 23: Greek Awards
Did You Know?
- Traditionally Greek students have higher grade point averages, community service hours, philanthropic contributions, university retention and four-year graduation rates than other non-Greek-affiliated students.
- 87 percent of Greeks are involved in at least one other organization at Stetson University.
- 35 percent hold leadership positions in those groups.
- 22,000 hours of community service were carried out by Stetson University's Greek students in the 2013-2014 academic year.
- $73,000 was raised for local and national charities.