Fraternity and Sorority Involvement
Changing Lives for Good
For over 100 years, fraternities and sororities have played a vital role in the rich history of campus vibrancy at Stetson University. Grounded in the university's core values -- personal growth, global citizenship, and intellectual development -- our fraternity and sorority program works to provide opportunities for service, leadership, scholarship, learning, and lifelong relationships.
Applications are now being accepted for those interested in serving on the Fraternity & Sorority Standards Board! Applications are due July 22 at noon. Candidates must be available for board meetings on Fridays from noon to 2 p.m. Download and complete the application and then email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Greek Events Calendar
For a comprehensive list of all Greek events happening during the 2014-2015 academic year, check out our updated master calendar.
- September 3, 2014: Sorority 101
- September 8, 2014: Meet Your Rho Gamma
- September 11 - 14, 2014: Sorority Recruitment
- September 17, 2014: Fraternity 101
- September 24 - 28, 2014: Fraternity Recruitment
- September 28 - October 3, 2014: Hazing Prevention Week
- October 3 - 5, 2014: Family & Friends Weekend
- October 5, 2014: New Member Retreat
More information about sorority and fraternity recruitment will be posted soon. Please check back for updates.
Did You Know?
- Traditionally Greek students have higher grade point averages, community service hours, philanthropic contributions, university retention and four-year graduation rates than other non-Greek-affiliated students.
- 87 percent of Greeks are involved in at least one other organization at Stetson University.
- 35 percent hold leadership positions in those groups.
- 22,000 hours of community service were carried out by Stetson University's Greek students in the 2013-2014 academic year.
- $73,000 was raised for local and national charities.