Professor of World Languages and Cultures
Prior to finishing her doctoral degree, Nancy Vosburg worked at the U.S. embassy in Madrid, Spain, for more than four years as a translator.
- PhD, The University of Iowa
- MA, The University of Iowa
- BA, Simpson College
Nancy Vosburg, currently the chair of the modern languages and literatures department, is a professor of Spanish. She earned her master's and doctoral degrees while a teaching-research fellow at the University of Iowa. Prior to finishing her doctoral degree, she worked at the U.S. embassy in Madrid, Spain, for more than four years as a translator. She had also lived in Spain during her junior year abroad, and continues to travel there frequently. She enjoys teaching different aspects of Spanish culture, language, literature and film. She is also an avid reader and a golf enthusiast.
More About Nancy Vosburg
Areas of Expertise
- Spanish Crime Fiction
- Historical Memory in Spain
- Spanish Lesbian Fiction
- Spanish Women's Literature
- Spanish literature, film and culture courses
- Spanish crime fiction
- Contemporary Spanish literature
- "Murder in Minorca: Hybridization in the Rebeca Dorado Crime Series." In Women Writers of Female Crime Series in the XXI Century in Spain, eds. Inmaculada Pertusa and Melissa Stewart. Newcastle upon Tyne: Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2020.
- "Cruces en la narrativa criminal femenina española. Reflexiones sobre la evolucio'n del ge'nero." In Papeles del crimen: mujeres y violencia en la ficcio'n criminal, Eds. Maria Xesús Lama, Elena Losada, Dolores Resano. Barcelona: Edicions Universitat de Barcelona, 2020, pp. 23-36.
- "Presente/Prete'rito: Historical Memory in Recent Spanish Women's Crime Fiction." In Aportaciones y retos de la tradicio'n cultural hispánica en una sociedad global, eds. Kyra Kietrys, Maria Luisa Montero Curiel, Carmen Sotomayor and Adam Winkel. Publicaciones de la Asociacio'n Hispánica de Humanidades, 2020.
- Spanish and Latin American Women's Crime Fiction in the New Millenium: From 'noir' to 'gris'. Newcastle Upon Tyne: Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2017.
- (Re)collecting the Past: Historical Memory in Spanish Literature and Culture. Co-edited with Jacky Collins, Melissa A. Stewart and Maureen Tobin Stanley. Newcastle upon Tyne:
Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2016.
- Lesbian Realities/Lesbian Fictions in Contemporary Spain. Co-edited with Jacky Collins. Lewisburg: Bucknell University Press, 2011.
- Iberian Crime Fiction. Cardiff: University of Wales Press, 2011.
- Un deseo propio. Co-authored with Inma Pertusa. Barcelona: Bruguera, 2009.