Assistant Professor of Economics
Khushbu Mishra finished her PhD in Applied Economics from The Ohio State University in the summer of 2017. Her work broadly focuses on Gender and Development Economics, Agricultural Economics, and Impact Evaluation. She completed her BA. in Economics and Mathematics from Mount Holyoke College in MA.
- PhD, applied economics, Ohio State University, 2017
- PhD, agricultural, environmental and development economics, Ohio State University
- BA, economics and mathematics, Mount Holyoke College
- Foundations of Economics I
- Special topics: Health Economics
Areas of Expertise
- Applied Economics
Khushbu Mishra finished her PhD in applied economics from The Ohio State University in the summer of 2017. Her work broadly focuses on gender and development economics, agricultural economics and impact evaluation. She completed her BA. in economics and mathematics from Mount Holyoke College in MA. Besides working as a research assistant for a USAID/BASIS funded Randomized Control Trial Project on Index Insurance in Ghana under Professors Mario J. Miranda and Abdoul G. Sam, she has worked as a consultant for the World Bank Group and UNICEF.
Born in a rural society in Nepal where the majority of families depend on agriculture for their living, Mishra is passionate to formulate innovative solutions to reducing social inequalities in developing, agrarian economies.
- Gender and development economics
- Agricultural economics
- Impact evaluation
- "Impact of Land Ownership on Women Empowerment: Evidence from Nepal" (with Abdoul G. Sam)
Published, World Development.