Assistant Professor of Education
Dr. Mundy has work experience in the many levels of education. Her hard work in public schools has led to her earning many awards such as the 2010 Pennsylvania Middle School Principal of the Year.
- Ed.D., Widener University
- M.ED., Arcadia University
- BA, Cabrini College
- Human Resources Administration
- Curriculum and Instructional Development
- Instructional Leadership and Supervision
Areas of Expertise
- Inclusion in schools
- Diversity and cultural sensitivity in schools
Joyce Mundy comes to Stetson following a 25-year career in K-12 schools. Her experiences include work as a teacher, middle level principal, assistant superintendent, and superintendent of schools. Her administrative work in safe schools programming led to her being named the 2010 Pennsylvania Middle School Principal of the Year.
In May 2015, The Peace Center awarded Mundy the Legends in Peace award for her work in cultural diversity, restorative justice, and the elimination of bullying. She is a vocal advocate for enumerated safe schools legislation. Mundy also trains school administrators in designing systemic frameworks for connected, responsive and inclusive school cultures.
- Sustainable leadership in education
- Social Justice education
- Culturally responsive schools
- Diversity Organizational leadership
- Mundy, J. (2015). "Safe School Constructs for Educational Leaders". To be presented at the Florida Association of Teacher Educators annual meeting, October, 2015
- Mundy, J. & Mulroy, P. (2015) "Is Everyone Welcome? A Look at Practices that Invite Everyone to School". Presented at the Pennsylvania Association of School Administrators Women's Caucus, May 2015