Interim Director of the duPont-Ball Library and Professor of Library
Debbi Dinkins is the interim director of the duPont-Ball Library, and is responsible for all aspects of technical services, including acquisitions, cataloging, periodicals and computer systems.
- M.A., arts administration, University of Kentucky
- MA, library service, University of Alabama, 1993
- BME., mechanical engineering, Auburn University, 1986
Debbi Dinkins is the associate dean of the duPont-Ball Library, and works closely with the library's dean on issues of administration and planning. She is responsible for all aspects of technical services, including acquisitions, cataloging, periodicals and computer systems. Most of the "behind the scenes" work of the library goes on in the technical services area. The department is staffed by two librarians and four staff. Dinkins is responsible for the management of the library's materials and operating budgets. She oversees the acquisition and cataloging of the library's collections, which include over 300,000 volumes and bound periodicals, more than 90,000 electronic books and access to over 64,000 electronic journals. Management and maintenance of the 46 public computers in the library are also part of her responsibility. Dinkins has been involved in the following professional organizations:
- Independent Colleges and Universities of Florida
- Libraries Group - fiscal agent and co-chair, 2011 - present
- Association of College and Research Libraries - chair
- Florida Chapter of the Association of College and Research Libraries, 1999-2000
- Member of the Board of the Florida Chapter of ACRL, 1996-2001
- Florida Library Association
- Chair, academic section, 1999-2000
- Chair, Scholarship Fundraiser Committee, 2002
More About Debbi Dinkins
Areas of Expertise
- Library Collection Evaluation
- Patron-driven acquisition of ebooks
- Library collection evaluation
- "The Trials and Tribulations of Providing Ebooks: A Small University Library Perspective," Against the Grain 32, no.4 (2021): 9-11.
- "An Uneasy but Powerful Alliance: Faculty Use of E-books," The International Journal of the Book 11, no.3 (2014): 11-25 (co-authored with Laura Kirkland and Jean Wald)
- "Who Chooses Wisely? Ebook PDA Purchases: Librarian and Teaching Faculty Selections," Against the Grain 24, no.6 (2013): 14-19.
- "Individual Title Requests in PDA Collections: A Small University Library's Experience," College & Research Libraries News 73, no.5 (2012): 249-252, 255.
- "Allocating Academic Library Budgets: Adapting Historical Data Models at One University Library," Collection Management 36, no.2 (2011): 119-130.