Assistant Professor of Marketing
- PhD, business administration (marketing), Southern Illinois University, Carbondale (SIU)
- MS, business administration (marketing), Alexandria University, Faculty of Commerce, Egypt
- BS, business administration, Alexandria University, Faculty of Commerce, Egypt
- Global Marketing
- Marketing Research
- Marketing Principles
Areas of Expertise
Dr. Carol Azab earned her PhD in marketing from Southern Illinois University. She received her bachelor's and master's degrees in business administration from the Faculty of Commerce of Alexandria University in Egypt. Her area of research focuses on service recovery and international marketing. She won the Sharon Beatty Best Services Dissertation award.
Dr. Azab loves working with students and comes with extensive teaching experience. She taught as an Assistant Professor at the University of Wisconsin Eau Claire and an instructor of record at Southern Illinois University. She also taught as visiting Lecturer at the School of Management and Economics, Vaxjio University, Sweden and assistant lecturer at Alexandria University Egypt. Dr. Azab also did consultancy work in Egypt and was part of research project team for World Bank and United Nations Development Program. Dr. Azab went to the German School in Alexandria and can speak German, English, French and Arabic fluently.
- Service failure and recovery
- Frontline service employees
- International marketing
- The role of marketing in the firm
- Azab, Carol, Martin Key and Terry Clark (2017), "Country Market Sequential Order-of-Entry- A Learning Approach," Journal of Global Marketing, 4,210-227
- Azab, Carol and Terry Clark (2017), "Speak my language or look like me? -Language and ethnicity in bilingual customer service recovery ," Journal of Business Research,72,57-68
- Swanson, Scott R., Carol Azab, and J. Charlene Davis. (2015) "A View from the Aisle Revisited: Delight and Outrage in the Classroom." Marketing Education Review 25 (3): 215-32.
- Clark, Terry and Carol Azab (2011), "Shelby Hunt and the Great Revolution" in Marketing Legends, Volume 2, Marketing Theory: Philosophy of Science Foundations of Marketing Jagdish N. Sheth Legends in Marketing: Shelby Hunt, Sage Publications Pvt. Ltd. pp.141-147
- Azab, Carol, "Learn, Play and Have Fun- Influential Teaching Moments", Forthcoming, Society of Marketing Advances, November, 2016.
- Azab, Carol, Katherine Hammel and Lisa Krautkramer, "The Influence of Ethnicity and Language on Perceptions of Service Recovery Efforts", Society of Marketing Advances, November, 2015.
- Swanson, Scott , Carol Azab and Charlene Davis, " Outraging to Delightful Classroom Incidents: Student Discussion, Diffusion and Future Enrollment', Marketing Management Association, Puerto Rico, September 2015
- Clark Terry and Carol Azab, "A New Era in Marketing's Strategic Influence" Academy of Marketing Science - special session - Denver, May 2015.
- Swanson, Scott , Carol Azab and Charlene Davis, "Delightful and Outraging Critical Classroom Incidents", Marketing Management Association, Chicago, March, 2015.
- Azab, Carol and Terry Clark, "The Positive Spillover Effect of Rebranding in Merger and Acquisitions," Society of Marketing Advances, New Orleans, November, 2014.
- Azab, Carol, "The Influence of Instructors' Positivity on Service Recovery," UWEC Office of Research & Sponsored Programs Fall Series Presentations, 2014.
- Azab, Carol and John Fraedrich, "A Framework toward Understanding Motives, Moderators and Outcomes of Electronic Word of Mouth," Society of Marketing Advances, South Carolina, November, 2013.
- Azab, Carol and Nan Zhang, "Desires and Reactionary behaviors after a service failure: A self-determination Perspective" Society of Marketing Advances, South Carolina, November, 2013.
- Azab, Carol, "The Impact of Positive Psychological Capacities and Positive Emotions of Frontline Employees on the Quality and Customer Perceptions of Service Recovery", Society of Marketing Advances, (Best Services Dissertation Proposal Award Presentation), Orlando, November, 2012.
- Azab, Carol and Martin Key, "Towards a Better Understanding of Service Outcomes: The Impact of the Discrepancies between Should and Will Expectations," Society of Marketing Advances, Orlando, November, 2012.
- Azab, Carol, "Getting Even, Getting Away or Getting More after a Service Failure," Marketing Management Association, (voted Best in Track), Chicago, March, 2012.