Center for Community Engagement
"Student learning through community impact"
The Center for Community Engagement (CCE) plays the lead institutional role in directing a nationally recognized campus-wide community engagement program that is delivered through both curricular and co-curricular avenues.
We serve as the central connecting, training, organizing, and educating unit for community-engaged students, faculty and partners
We build reciprocal relationships with community partner organizations that leverage institutional and community resources to solve pressing challenges in our community through capacity-building efforts
We prepare students to lead lives of significance by aligning their academic and career interests with community needs
We instill the value of informed and engaged citizenship that prepares our students to be lifelong agents of social change in their local and global communities
We recognize that our mission cannot be realized without an unapologetic and consistent focus on the principles of diversity, equity, inclusion and justice. To that end, our work is driven by practicing anti-racism.
The Center for Community Engagement is locally, regionally and nationally recognized for its excellence in community engagement:
- Florida Campus Compact Community Partnership of the Year with Neighborhood Center of West Volusia (2016)
- Feeding Children Everywhere Inaugural Collegiate Engagement Hunger Hero Award (2016)
- Carnegie Classification for Community Engagement (2015, 2008)
- President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll with Distinction (2015, 2014, 2013)
- Bonner Foundation High-Impact Initiative - (2011-2014)
- Florida Campus Compact Community Partnership of the Year with Volusia County Schools (2013)
- United Way Outstanding Overall Civic/Community Volunteer of the Year (2013)