The migration from our current HatterSync platform will occur during the week of January 6, 2020. This new system will provide a notable improvement to both the system infrastructure and your experience with expanded functionality and tools to help manage our communities. Below is a shortlist of frequently asked questions that will be updated during the preparation for the migration. For questions about this process, please email Zachary Beaver in the department of Student Development and Campus Vibrancy.
Three training sessions will be offered to help the user navigate and use the new Engage platform. Below are descriptions of these sessions and available dates and times.
Engage Orientation & Organization Management:
This session will be a general introduction to the Engage platform including navigation, how to search for events, and accessing your organization(s). It will also cover how to use tools in the organization space from files, forms, managing your roster, communicating with members and posting announcements. This session will not go in-depth into event registration or financial processing.
- Tuesday, January 14, 2020, at 4:00 p.m. in Lee's Garage (Carlton Union Building)
- Tuesday, January 14, 2020, at 5:30 p.m. in Lee's Garage (Carlton Union Building)
- Friday, January 17, 2020, at 10 a.m. in Lee's Garage (Carlton Union Building)
The event registration form in Engage is similar to what existed in HatterSync; it just looks different. Attend this session for a full walk-through of submitting an event registration. This session will include requests for tabling outside the CUB.
*Participants are encouraged to bring a laptop, if available.
- Tuesday, January 14, 2020 at 7:00pm in Lee's Garage (Carlton Union Building)
- Friday, January 17, 2020 at 11:30am in Lee's Garage (Carlton Union Building)
- Tuesday, January 21 at 4:00pm in Lee's Garage (Carlton Union Building)
- Friday, January 24 at 10:30am in Lee's Garage (Carlton Union Building)
Organization Finances & Requesting Payments:
The financial management tools in the Engage platform received a substantial upgrade. All presidents and treasurers/financial managers of organizations who have approved budgets/funding requests or revenue funds (fundraising/agency accounts) are highly encouraged to attend. This training will be an in-depth view into accessing budgets, updated payment request forms and other basic finance tools.
*Participants are encouraged to bring a laptop, if available. Participation is limited to presidents, treasurers and organizaton advisors who have approved budgets or funding requests or use a revenue fund. RSVP is required as space is limited.
- Thursday, January 16, 2020, at 5:00 pm.. in 202A (Carlton Union Building) RSVP here.
- Thursday, January 16, 2020, at 6:30 p.m. in 202A (Carlton Union Building) RSVP here.
- Tuesday, January 21, 2020, at 5:30 p.m. in 202A (Carlton Union Building) RSVP here.
- Thursday, January 23, 2020, at 2:30 p.m. in 202A (Carlton Union Building) RSVP here.
- Friday, January 24, 2020, at noon in 202A (Carlton Union Building) RSVP here.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a system migration? In the most basic terms, this is a process in which data will be transitioned from the current HatterSync platform to a new platform. myStetson will be updated with the modified links allowing users to access the system without logging in again.
How long will the migration take? The full migration process will take several days. Users are asked not to log into HatterSync or the new system during the week of January 6, 2020.
Will I be able to access our portal or information during migration? While the migration is in process, users cannot access either system. This means any data needed during that week should be downloaded and saved in advance.
What happens to our information/data in HatterSync? All files, forms and form responses, events and event submissions and portals and their users will move into the new system.
How does the Engage platform compare to HatterSync? Will we lose any functionality? Think of the new platform as an upgrade to HatterSync. All used functionality will remain with some new features.
I make lots of updates in HatterSync during the winter break. Should I wait to do those after we migrate? Users should continue to use the system as usual through Friday, January 3, 2020. As mentioned above, nearly all information will migrate to the new system.
Will there be training for the new system? Yes! A training schedule is currently in progress. Student organization leaders and advisors and other members of the campus will be notified via email. It will also be posted here when available.