Mission and Staff Directory
To empower and challenge students and alumni to reach their professional aspirations
Every student achieves professional success
Connect With Us
Email: [email protected]
Location: Rinker Welcome Center, 2nd Floor
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday
Appointments are available on Wednesdays from 4:30-7:00 p.m.
Interim Executive Director
Stacy Collins began her journey with Stetson University by attending for both her bachelor and master of arts degrees. She continues to be a proud Hatter in her position as interim executive director of Career and Academic Success.
Career Development Coordinator
- Students: Guides and mentors all School of Business Administration students throughout their four years on campus, as well as post-graduation, within their overall career development process including; professional communications, resume' development, social media, networking, interviewing, career exploration and search, and evaluation of job offers. Additionally, he provides support to our student military veterans and pre-law students.
- Faculty: Collaborates with School of Business Administration faculty and provides career resources to assist with assignments both in and outside of the classroom. He provides direct insight into how student course studies and individual work with his office are directly linked to professional career tracks and their overall post-graduation success.
- Employers: Proactively bridging the gap between the corporate world and the student body through the building of professional relationships with employer partners, and then connecting them to the School of Business Administration students. Assisting employers in their recruitment of Stetson University's young professionals with the goal of providing skilled, problem solving, and articulate candidates.
John, his wife Amy and their two children (now young adults living away from home) have resided in DeLand, Florida, since 2001. The Sheehy family greatly enjoys the “Florida Lifestyle” including beach days, Walt Disney World and the year-round ability to tour the state on their Goldwing motorcycle.
- Students: Provides career and professional development support to students and alumni in the College of Arts and Sciences. Advising students about: resumes and CVs, cover letters, job searching, interviewing, graduate school preparation, personal statements, networking and personal branding.
- Faculty: Welcomes collaboration with faculty in the College of Arts and Sciences to coordinate workshops and programs related to career and professional development.
- Employers: Provides information and suggestions, on-campus recruiting and branding strategies, and develops ways to feature employers through social media and marketing.
Before joining Stetson, Liz completed her master of arts in educational leadership and a bachelor of science in business administration at the University of Central Florida as a transfer student from Valencia College (Go Knights, Charge On!). She enjoys spending time with her family and pets, outdoor sports and listening to music (especially Kpop - Korean pop music).
Justin is a graduate student pursuing his master's in Business Administration. Originally from Atlanta, Georgia, he graduated from Florida Atlantic University with a bachelor's degree in Finance. Outside of his position as a graduate assistant, he is also a member of the Stetson football team and involved in the FCA program. His hobbies include surfing, reading and playing the piano. He is passionate about helping others achieve their professional dreams and career goals.
I am delighted to be a part of the Career and Professional Development team supporting their efforts to provide resources and information to students, alumni, faculty and employers.
If there is anything she can do for you, please send her an email.
Senior Office Assistant and CPTA
Megan is a junior student majoring in Business Administration. She is also a CPTA, part of the WELL Team, PACT and OCEAN and always enjoys learning new things. Megan is committed to helping individuals advance their professional and leadership skills. Besides studying and volunteering around campus, Megan enjoys reading, watching movies and spending time with her friends.
Senior Office Assistant and Lead CPTA
Jamie is a senior double majoring in International Business and Marketing, minoring in Professional Sales. She is involved on campus as a member of Green, White and YOU's marketing team is the Vice President of Education on the Honor System Council and is also the Lead Career Peer Teacher's Apprentice (CPTA) in the business school. She is a very passionate individual who loves connecting with others. After graduating from Stetson, she plans to attend graduate school to obtain an MS in Marketing.
Hi everyone! My name is Pete and I work alongside my human as a Senior Office Assistant in the Career and Professional Development Office! Catch me running at Rinker field or studying hard (AKA sleeping) in the LBC. If you see me on campus, I love to be petted - so don’t be shy!
Lou is a double major in psychology and human resources management with a minor in management. Lou enjoys jogging, singing and kayaking. Besides her role as a Career Peer, she is involved in the Stetson Honors Program, her sorority Kappa Alpha Theta, Hatterthon, Honor System Council and Omicron Delta Kappa. She aspires to be an industrial-organizational psychologist.