Mission and Staff Directory
To empower and challenge students and alumni to reach their professional aspirations
Every student achieves professional success
Connect With Us
Location: Rinker Welcome Center, 2nd Floor
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday
Appointments are available on Wednesdays from 4:30-7:00 p.m.
Tim Stiles, Executive Director
- Students: Provides presentations and programs for any student organizations with particular emphasis on graduate student programming. Available for appointments with any student in the School of Music.
- Faculty: Welcomes collaboration with faculty from any major with a focus on majors interested in science and health-related careers. Works closely with the Health Professions Advisory Committee and graduate program academic leaders.
- Employers and Graduate Schools: Provides employer and graduate/professional school outreach and advice on campus recruiting strategies.
Tim has worked in career services at five universities in Indiana, North Carolina and Florida. He was previously employed as an accountant for Pennzoil in Houston, TX. He received both of his degrees from Indiana University-Bloomington. He enjoys running, hanging out at the beach with family and volunteering at the Spring Hill Community Resource Center.
Elizabeth Boggs, Director
- Students: Specializes in working with students on choosing or changing their majors/minors and assisting them with making the connection between majors and careers. If students are wondering what they can do with their majors, Elizabeth is the person to ask! She is also the point person in the office for the Discovery Program and the Peace Corps Prep Program.
- Faculty: Welcomes collaboration with faculty from any academic department on how to infuse professional development into majors/minors in concert with alumni and employer partners.
- Employers and Graduate Schools: Provides information and advice on-campus recruiting and branding strategies, and she coordinates campus visits by targeted employers.
Before entering the field of higher education, Elizabeth worked in the healthcare and hospitality industries. Her educational degrees come from Furman University, the University of Georgia and the University of Central Florida. She enjoys all types of sports, traveling and spending time with her friends and family.
John Sheehy, Career Development Coordinator
- Students: Guides and mentors all School of Business Administration students throughout their four years on campus, as well as post-graduation, within their overall career development process including; professional communications, resume’ development, social media, networking, interviewing, career exploration and search, and evaluation of job offers. Additionally, he provides support to our student military veterans and pre-law students.
- Faculty: Collaborates with School of Business Administration faculty and provides career resources to assist with assignments both in and outside of the classroom. He provides direct insight into how student course studies and individual work with his office are directly linked to professional career tracks and their overall post-graduation success.
- Employers: Proactively bridging the gap between the corporate world and the student body through the building of professional relationships with employer partners, and then connecting them to the School of Business Administration students. Assisting employers in their recruitment of Stetson University’s young professionals with the goal of providing skilled, problem solving, and articulate candidates.
John, his wife Amy and their two children (now young adults living away from home) have resided in DeLand, Florida, since 2001. The Sheehy family greatly enjoys the “Florida Lifestyle” including beach days, Walt Disney World and the year-round ability to tour the state on their Goldwing motorcycle.
Liz Connor, Assistant Director
- Students: Provides career and professional development support to students and alumni in the College of Arts and Sciences. Advising students about: resumes and CVs, cover letters, job searching, interviewing, graduate school preparation, personal statements, networking and personal branding.
- Faculty: Welcomes collaboration with faculty in the College of Arts and Sciences to coordinate workshops and programs related to career and professional development.
- Employers: Provides information and suggestions, on-campus recruiting and branding strategies, and develops ways to feature employers through social media and marketing.
Before joining Stetson, Liz completed her master of arts in educational leadership and a bachelor of science in business administration at the University of Central Florida as a transfer student from Valencia College (Go Knights, Charge On!). She enjoys spending time with her family and pets, outdoor sports and listening to music (especially Kpop - Korean pop music).
Christine Arias, Assistant Director, Internships
- Students: Provides advising on the internship search process, the registration steps for an academic internship, and guidance throughout the internship experience.
- Faculty: Assists with the registration process and provides support to faculty instructors as they guide students throughout their academic internships.
- Employers: Seeks new internship opportunities with diverse employers and provides information about creating, recruiting and hosting student interns.
Internships have played a defining role in Christine’s professional and personal life. As a graduate student, she completed an internship at the Universidad Intercultural Maya de Quintana Roo in Mexico. While earning her Bachelor’s degree at Florida State University, she participated in an internship at the Travel Channel in London. Christine lives in DeLand with her spouse Eduardo, who she met in Mexico, and their one-year-old son.
Annette Accorto, Administrative Specialist
Annette is delighted to be a part of the Career and Professional Development team supporting their efforts to provide resources and information to students, alumni, faculty and employers.
If there is anything she can do for you, please send her an email.
Brittany Knowles, E.D.G.E Coordinator/Graduate Intern
- Students: Provides programming, presentations and mentoring for Freshman and Sophomore students interested in career and professional development opportunities through E.D.G.E
- Faculty: Welcomes collaboration with faculty from any major with a focus on improving the career readiness of underserved and underrepresented students
- Employers and Graduate Schools: Provides employers and agencies opportunities to engage and mentor current students.
Brittany has worked in the areas of diversity and inclusion, advocacy, education, community engagement, mental health, program evaluation and career and professional development. She has ten years of educational experience focusing on high needs populations. Brittany holds a Master’s in Social Work with a focus in Social Policy Analysis and Community Engagement. She currently is pursuing a doctoral degree in Education from the University of Central Florida.
Alara Arpaci, Senior Office Assistant
Alara is a sophomore majoring in psychology and management. She is a FOCUS Orientation Leader, a LEAD Team Assistant Facilitator and Circle K International’s secretary. She is also involved in Alpha Chi Omega and Alpha Kappa Psi. Aside from studying and leading, she loves to golf, drink coffee and travel to new places. She also enjoys conversing, so feel free to stop by and say hi!