Mission and Staff Directory
To empower and challenge students and alumni to reach their professional aspirations
Every student achieves professional success
Connect With Us
Location: Rinker Welcome Center, 2nd Floor
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday
Appointments are available on Wednesdays from 4:30-7:00 p.m.
Tim Stiles, Executive Director
- Students: Provides presentations and programs for any student organizations with particular emphasis on graduate student programming. Available for appointments with any student in the School of Music and graduate students.
- Faculty: Welcomes collaboration with faculty from any major with a focus on majors interested in science and health-related careers. Works closely with the Health Professions Advisory Committee and graduate program academic leaders.
- Employers and Graduate Schools: Provides employer and graduate/professional school outreach and advice on campus recruiting strategies.
Tim has worked in career services at five universities in Indiana, North Carolina and Florida. He was previously employed as an accountant for Pennzoil in Houston, TX. He received both of his degrees from Indiana University-Bloomington. He enjoys running, hanging out at the beach with family and volunteering at the Spring Hill Community Resource Center.
Elizabeth Boggs, Director
- Students: Specializes in working with students on choosing or changing their majors/minors and assisting them with making the connection between majors and careers. If students are wondering what they can do with their majors, Elizabeth is the person to ask! She is also the point person in the office for the Discovery Program and the Peace Corps Prep Program.
- Faculty: Welcomes collaboration with faculty from any academic department on how to infuse professional development into majors/minors in concert with alumni and employer partners.
- Employers and Graduate Schools: Provides information and advice on-campus recruiting and branding strategies, and she coordinates campus visits by targeted employers.
Before entering the field of higher education, Elizabeth worked in the healthcare and hospitality industries. Her educational degrees come from Furman University, the University of Georgia and the University of Central Florida. She enjoys all types of sports, traveling and spending time with her friends and family.
John Sheehy, Career Development Coordinator
- Students: Guides and mentors all School of Business Administration students throughout their four years on campus, as well as post-graduation, within their overall career development process including; professional communications, resume' development, social media, networking, interviewing, career exploration and search, and evaluation of job offers. Additionally, he provides support to our student military veterans and pre-law students.
- Faculty: Collaborates with School of Business Administration faculty and provides career resources to assist with assignments both in and outside of the classroom. He provides direct insight into how student course studies and individual work with his office are directly linked to professional career tracks and their overall post-graduation success.
- Employers: Proactively bridging the gap between the corporate world and the student body through the building of professional relationships with employer partners, and then connecting them to the School of Business Administration students. Assisting employers in their recruitment of Stetson University's young professionals with the goal of providing skilled, problem solving, and articulate candidates.
John, his wife Amy and their two children (now young adults living away from home) have resided in DeLand, Florida, since 2001. The Sheehy family greatly enjoys the “Florida Lifestyle” including beach days, Walt Disney World and the year-round ability to tour the state on their Goldwing motorcycle.
Liz Connor, Assistant Director
- Students: Provides career and professional development support to students and alumni in the College of Arts and Sciences. Advising students about: resumes and CVs, cover letters, job searching, interviewing, graduate school preparation, personal statements, networking and personal branding.
- Faculty: Welcomes collaboration with faculty in the College of Arts and Sciences to coordinate workshops and programs related to career and professional development.
- Employers: Provides information and suggestions, on-campus recruiting and branding strategies, and develops ways to feature employers through social media and marketing.
Before joining Stetson, Liz completed her master of arts in educational leadership and a bachelor of science in business administration at the University of Central Florida as a transfer student from Valencia College (Go Knights, Charge On!). She enjoys spending time with her family and pets, outdoor sports and listening to music (especially Kpop - Korean pop music).
Evan Copello, Graduate Assistant
Evan is a graduate student in the Licensed Mental Health Counseling program. He currently holds a Master of Science in Psychological Science and is a published psychological researcher. Evan has held positions in the non-profit, education, and private sectors. He has a passion for engaging with students and helping them define their career paths to pursue professional growth opportunities.
Annette Accorto, Administrative Specialist
Annette is delighted to be a part of the Career and Professional Development team supporting their efforts to provide resources and information to students, alumni, faculty and employers.
If there is anything she can do for you, please send her an email.
Megan Oeste, Senior Office Assistant
Megan is a sophomore student majoring in Business Administration. She is a part of the WELL Team, PACT and OCEAN and always enjoys learning new things. Megan is committed to helping individuals advance their professional and leadership skills. Besides studying and volunteering around campus, Megan enjoys reading, watching movies and spending time with her friends.
Jamie Hardy, Senior Office Assistant and CPTA
Jamie is a sophomore student majoring in International Business and Marketing with a minor in Chinese and Sales. She is a very goal-oriented and passionate person who loves to work hard and has fun while doing so. If she is not studying, she is hanging out around campus with friends, her dog Pete or both!
Alyssa Pavek, Career Peer
Alyssa Pavek is a double major in Psychology and Human Resources Management with a minor in Management who likes to run, sing and kayak. Besides her work as a Career Peer, she is involved in the Stetson Honors Program, her sorority Kappa Alpha Theta, Hatterthon, Honor System Council and Omicron Delta Kappa. She aspires to be an industrial-organizational psychologist.