Mission and Staff Directory
To empower and challenge students and alumni to reach their professional aspirations
Every student achieves professional success
Connect With Us
386-822-7315 | [email protected]
Location: Rinker Welcome Center, 2nd Floor, Room 205
Office Hours: 8 a.m.- 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday
Executive Director of Career and Academic Success
Stacy Collins began her journey at Stetson University, receiving her bachelor's and master of arts degrees. She continues to be a proud Hatter in her position as Executive Director of Career and Academic Success.
- Students: Provides career and professional development support to students and alumni in the College of Arts and Sciences. Advising students about: resumes and CVs, cover letters, job searching, interviewing, graduate school preparation, personal statements, networking and personal branding.
- Faculty: Welcomes collaboration with faculty in the College of Arts and Sciences to coordinate workshops and programs related to career and professional development.
- Employers: Provides information and suggestions, on-campus recruiting and branding strategies, and develops ways to feature employers through social media and marketing.
In December of 2021, Liz earned her Master of Business Administration from Stetson University and currently serves as a Board Member and the Director of Communications and Marketing for the Florida Association of Colleges and Employers (FloridaACE). Before joining Stetson, Liz completed her Master of Arts in Educational Leadership and a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration at the University of Central Florida as a transfer student from Valencia College (Go Knights, Charge On!). She enjoys spending time with her family and pets, doing outdoor sports and listening to music.
- Students: Guides and mentors all School of Business Administration students throughout their four years on campus, as well as post-graduation, within their overall career development process including; professional communications, resume' development, social media, networking, interviewing, career exploration and search, and evaluation of job offers. Additionally, he provides support to our student military veterans and pre-law students.
- Faculty: Collaborates with School of Business Administration faculty and provides career resources to assist with assignments both in and outside of the classroom. He provides direct insight into how student course studies and individual work with his office are directly linked to professional career tracks and their overall post-graduation success.
- Employers: Proactively bridging the gap between the corporate world and the student body through the building of professional relationships with employer partners, and then connecting them to the School of Business Administration students. Assisting employers in their recruitment of Stetson University's young professionals with the goal of providing skilled, problem solving, and articulate candidates.
John, his wife Amy and their two children (now young adults living away from home) have resided in DeLand, Florida, since 2001. The Sheehy family greatly enjoys the “Florida Lifestyle” including beach days, Walt Disney World and the year-round ability to tour the state on their Goldwing motorcycle.
Director of Experiential and Career Education
Students: Provides holistic support for students seeking, applying for, and completing internships, project-based learning/micro-internships, and student employment. This includes career coaching related to exploring careers, identifying opportunities, and developing application material.
Faculty: Welcomes collaboration with faculty and staff to integrate career readiness into the curriculum and co-curriculum, strategically focusing on internships, project-based learning/micro-internships, and student employment. This includes presentations, resource sharing, and documenting student engagement.
Employers: Partners with new and existing employers to provide experiential educational opportunities for students. This includes supporting employers in developing high-quality internship/micro-internship programs, visiting internship/project-based learning sites, and helping to promote opportunities across the Stetson Community.
Before joining the Stetson Community, Carolyn served as an assistant director for Career and Talent Development at Florida International University (FIU) in Miami. She has worked in career services for 13 years and in residential life for six years. Carolyn is an educator. At FIU, she taught First-Year Experience (FYE) and graduate internship courses in Adult Education & Human Resource Development (AE/HRD) and Hospitality & Tourism Management. Carolyn is a lifelong learner. She has a doctorate of education in AE/HRD from FIU, a master of education in Counseling in Student Affairs, a bachelor of arts in Spanish from the University of California Los Angeles, and an associate of arts in Humanities from College of the Canyons. She is also certified in CliftonStrengths, the Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), and the Strong Interest Inventory. Through her academic and professional career, Carolyn developed a passion for service, inclusion, justice, and collaboration.
Coordinator of Experiential and Career Education
Students: Provides support for students navigating internship, and experiential/project-based learning, working to create equitable access & opportunity for students to explore major/career pathways. This includes the development and implementation of programming to promote student awareness of and engagement in community offerings and opportunities, and providing coaching and advising to students across the DeLand campus’ three schools. Also serves as primary contact for the Academic Internship Course Registration process.
Faculty: With the Director, works with faculty to integrate career readiness into the academic curriculum, and keep them informed on best practices in experiential education.
Employers: Supports employers in the development of high-quality internships & micro-internships, coordinating internship site visits, and promoting experiential opportunities across the Stetson community.
Alexis, a Seminole County native, comes to the Stetson community from PSI High, a 9-12 program in Sanford, FL centered around community engagement, problem & project-based learning, and design thinking. She completed a Bachelor of Science in Political Communications, concentrating in Leadership and Social Advocacy, at Emerson College in Boston, MA. Alexis is driven by a commitment to educational equity, advocacy & building accessible scaffolds for young people to find and connect to a purpose in our constantly evolving world.
Caleb graduated from Stetson University, earning his bachelor's degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting. Caleb is pursuing a master’s degree in Accounting and hopes to become a CPA. Caleb has been involved in Stetson’s community by being a Residential Assistant for the Apartments Area for the past two years, and the treasurer of The Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc. Caleb hopes to continue building alumni and student relationships at Stetson.
Senior Office Assistant
Megan is a senior student majoring in Business Administration. She is also part of the WELL Team, PACT and OCEAN and always enjoys learning new things. Megan is committed to helping individuals advance their professional and leadership skills. Besides studying and volunteering around campus, Megan enjoys reading, watching movies and spending time with her friends.
Celine is a sophomore student majoring in biology on a pre-health track. She is also part of Alpha Epsilon Delta, The Fellowship of Christian Athletes, a residential assistant and Stetsons Honor System Council Vice President. Celine enjoys learning new things and does not shy away from a challenge. She is committed to helping individuals advance their professional and leadership skills. When Celine is not studying and volunteering around campus, you can find her spending time with her friends.
Hi everyone! I work alongside my human as a Pawject Assistant in the Career and Professional Development office. Please stop by and say hello if you see me because I am very friendly and knowledgeable about all things careers!
Kayla is a senior majoring in Entrepreneurship and Professional Sales. Besides her role as a Career Peer, she is also a part of Green White & You's Philanthropy Education team and the Baking Club's treasurer. When she is not on campus, she enjoys spending time with her family and friends and learning how to bake different desserts.