Life After Graduation
A Bachelor's Degree in biology is good preparation for medical or medicine-related schools or for graduate work. Many biology majors choose employment immediately after graduation, building careers as laboratory technologists, naturalists, teachers, museum and zoo curators, governmental agricultural experts, environmental consultants, science writers or editors, science photographers, science librarians, and sales people in pharmaceutical, biomedical supplies or laboratory equipment.
Recent graduate Jordan Cockfield at Stetson Showcase 2016
You will find Stetson biology alumni in a wide variety of professions:
Some of our 2016 graduates:
- Hannah Vansumeren is currently enrolled in the Master’s in Public Health program at Rollins College and is interning at Good Samaritan Clinic.
- Whitney Meyers was accepted into accelerated Nursing Programs at Emory University, UF, and Duke.
- Kelsey Mccurdy is currently enrolled in the College of Dentistry at the University of Florida.
- Jordan Cockfield is currently enrolled in a Ph.D. program at Notre Dame. (was also accepted at Cornell and Johns Hopkins).
Some other alumni:
- Mallory Edge, '15, completed a Master's Program in Analytics and is now a Sr. Associate Analytical Systems Engineer for SAS.
- Jennifer Cherry, '15, is a Science Teacher in Volusia County Public Schools.
- Aykhan Alibayli, '15, is enrolled in Yale School of Public Health.
- Vanessa Rubio, '14, received a Ph.D. Program in Chemistry from the University of Florida.
- Cassandra Pitcher, '14, is enrolled in Medical School at the Ross University School of Medicine.
- Nanda Aung, '14, is enrolled in a PhD program in Molecular and Cell Biology at Georgia Tech.
- Christian Marr, '13, completed a Master's Degree in Marine Science at the University of South Florida.
- Jeffrey Klotz, '13, completed a Master’s program at the Institute of Medical Science, University of Toronto.
- Brittany Bible, '13, is enrolled in the College of Veterinary Medicine at Lincoln Memorial University.
- Rachael Peck, '12, is a Lead Diet Technician at Phoenix Zoo in Arizona.
- Janine Lloyd, '12, is enrolled in grad school Public Health at the University of Glasgow.
- Courtney Gardner, '11, received a Ph.D. in Microbiology at Duke University.
- Trevor Tobin, '11, was a Medical Student at Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences.
- Misti Camelin, '10, is a Medical Laboratory Scientist at Bert Fish Medical Center.
- Arroyo, Ashlie, '09, is a Chemist at Product Quest and completed Molecular Biology and Microbiology at the University of Central Florida.
- Steve Deyrup, '01, received a Ph.D. in chemistry from the University of Iowa and is presently a postdoctoral researcher at Cornell University.
- Kristin Wildeboer, '00, received a Ph.D. in Neuroscience at the University of Florida and is currently a postdoctoral fellow at the University of Colorado.
- Joseph Cheatwood, '98, received a Ph.D. in Physiological Sciences (Neuroscience) from the University of Florida, and is currently a postdoctoral fellow at Loyola University in Chicago.
- Bryan Hains, '95, received a Ph.D. in Neurobiology, University of Texas, currently a research assistant professor at Yale University.
- Melissa Pilgrim, '93, is an assistant professor of Biology at the University of South Carolina - Upstate.