The next free on-campus HIV screening will be held in Fall 2015 at the Hollis Center (a mobile unit will also be located outside the Carlton Union Building). Appointments are encouraged but we'll also accept walk-ins.
Appointments for the on-campus HIV screening are optional. Typically, more students come for screening than can be seen. All students who aren't seen are encouraged to look into off-campus screening. On-campus screening is a convenience provided for students and we attempt to see as many students as we can.
How to Make an Appointment
- Call the appointment line at 386-822-7706 and leave a voicemail message.
- Give a phone number at which voicemail can be left. The message we leave for you won't reveal what the appointment is for -- we'll only identify ourselves and indicate where it is and when you should be there.
- When leaving your message, state all of the blocks of time you're available during the screening (from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.) so that we can try to fit you in.
- We'll return your call within two business days.
- Your appointment time is an estimated time at which you will be seen. We suggest coming in 10 minutes before your appointment. We can't guarantee that you'll be seen even if you have an appointment, but scheduled appointments do get priority.
- If anything changes or you have any questions, please call 386-822-7706.
If all of the appointment slots fill up:
- We'll update this web page to indicate that appointments are full.
- You can still try to come from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. during the screening to the back hallway of the Hollis Center. We'll do everything we can to squeeze you in, but we can't promise that everyone will be seen.
- All students who are not seen on December 4 are encouraged to look into off-campus screening.
- We will have another on campus screening in the fall of 2014.
Off-Campus Screening Locations
While on-campus screening is convenient, you can always get tested at the following locations:
Volusia County Health Department
- Phone: 386-822-6221
- Address: 1061 Medical Center Drive, Suite 100, Orange City, FL 32763
Outreach Community Care Network
- Phone: 386-255-5569
- Address: 240 North Frederick Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32114
If neither of the above locations are convenient for you, use the National HIV Screening Online Locator to find a more convenient location.