Wellness and Recreation is home to many different activities that constantly strive for a healthier campus with healthier students. Utilizing data from the National College Health Assessment, we aim to educate our campus on topics that are most relevant to them and will support their overall wellness during their time at Stetson.
- Create social and physical environments that promote good health for all.
- Support efforts to increase academic success, productivity, student and faculty/staff retention, and life-long learning.
- Attain high-quality, longer lives free of preventable disease, disability, injury, and premature death.
- Achieve health equity, eliminate disparities, and improve the health of the entire campus community.
- Promote quality of life, healthy development, and positive health behaviors.
Focusing on the 9 dimensions of wellness and the wellness of the whole person, we work to ensure that all students are able to maintain a holistically balanced life.
Interested in attending one of our events? Please see below for more information!
- 10/4: Escalation Workshop from 6:00 - 7:30 p.m. in Sage 222, cultural credit and pizza will be offered
- 10/10: Stalking active bystander table from 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. in front of the CUB, cultural credit available
- 10/18: Dating app safety table from 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. in front of the CUB
- 10/23: Anti-victim blaming table from 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. in front of the CUB
- 10/25: "Mother, Maiden, Monster: Gender and Sexual Violence in Horror Movies" from 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. in Sage 222
- 10/31: Demographics of stalking table from 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. in front of the CUB
- 10/10: World Mental Health Day from 12:00 - 4:00 p.m. in Palm Court, cultural credit available
- 10/16: Fall for Wellness Festival from 3:00-6:00 p.m. in Palm Court, cultural credit available
- 10/19: HIV and STI testing available with CAN Community Health from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. in the Hollis Center
- 10/23: Chatter for Hatter informational table from 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. in front of the CUB
- 10/30 - 11/3 is Stress Less Week, more info to come
- 10/30: Ladies Night Out from 7:00 - 8:30 p.m. and Hatter Strong from 8:30 - 9:30 p.m. in the Hollis Center
Health Promotion Resources: