Student Conduct Board
The Student Conduct Board has the authority to hear cases involving alleged violations of the Code of Community Standards. The Student Conduct Board is composed of students who are selected through an annual application and interview process. All Student Conduct Board members receive training from the Office of Community Standards.
Student Conduct Board members, officers and representatives are responsible for providing a fair and unbiased process to address issues of student conduct. These students work with faculty, the Student Government Association and other members of the university community to improve awareness of values-based behaviors and increase student learning.
During hearings, the Student Conduct Board will follow all operational guidelines and seek support and guidance from the Student Conduct Board Advisor when appropriate. Hearings are formal and confidential. The board will decide, in closed session, if the accused student should be found responsible based on the information presented via a majority vote. Sanctions imposed by the Student Conduct Board will also be decided by majority vote.
If you are interested in applying, please email Michelle Quinones, at email@example.com.
A few of the benefits and skills that can be gained from participation in the Student Conduct Board are:
- Involvement in the university community
- Improved communication skills
- Development of critical thinking skills
- Ability to analyze and evaluate all aspects of a conflict situation and determine possible alternative solutions
- Leadership experience and future career preparation
Members of the Student Conduct Board are expected to:
- Maintain the privacy of the individual(s) involved and the Office of Community Standards
- Attend all training sessions and monthly update/review meetings
- Respond to requests regarding case hearings and communicate schedule conflicts with the Office of Community Standards
- Be familiar with the Code of Community Standards and the Guide to Residential Living as well as other applicable campus resources and student support services
- Uphold the values of Stetson University and serve as a role model for the university community