Mission and Staff Directory
Every student achieves professional success.
Connect With Us
Location: Rinker Welcome Center, 2nd Floor
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday
Appointments available on Wednesdays from 4:30 - 7:00 p.m.
Tim Stiles, Executive Director
- Students: Provides presentations and programs for any student organizations with particular emphasis on graduate student programming. Available for appointments with any student in the School of Music.
- Faculty: Welcomes collaboration with faculty from any major with a focus on majors interested in science and health-related careers. Works closely with Health Professions Advisory Committee and graduate program academic leaders.
- Employers and Graduate Schools: Provides employer and graduate/professional school outreach and advice on campus recruiting strategies.
Tim has worked in career services at five universities in Indiana, North Carolina and Florida. He was previously employed as an accountant for Pennzoil in Houston, TX. He received both of his degrees from Indiana University-Bloomington. He enjoys running, hanging out at the beach with family and volunteering at the Spring Hill Community Resource Center.
Elizabeth Boggs, Director
- Students: Specializes in working with students on choosing or changing their majors/minors and assisting them with making the connection between majors and careers. If students are wondering what they can do with their majors, Elizabeth is the person to ask! She is also the point person in the office for the Discovery Program and the Peace Corps Prep Program.
- Faculty: Welcomes collaboration with faculty from any academic department on how to infuse professional development into majors/minors in concert with alumni and employer partners.
- Employers and Graduate Schools: Provides information and advice on campus recruiting and branding strategies, and she coordinates campus visits by targeted employers.
Before entering the field of higher education, Elizabeth worked in the healthcare and hospitality industries. Her educational degrees come from Furman University, the University of Georgia and the University of Central Florida. She enjoys all types of sports, traveling and spending time with her friends and family.
John Sheehy, Career Development Coordinator
- Students: Guides and mentors all School of Business Administration students throughout their four years on campus, as well as post-graduation, within their overall career development process including; professional communications, resume’ development, social media, networking, interviewing, career exploration and search, and evaluation of job offers. Additionally, he provides support to our student military veterans and pre-law students.
- Faculty: Collaborates with School of Business Administration faculty and provides career resources to assist with assignments both in and outside of the classroom. He provides direct insight into how student course studies and individual work with his office are directly linked to professional career tracks and their overall post-graduation success.
- Employers: Proactively bridging the gap between the corporate world and the student body through the building of professional relationships with employer partners, and then connecting them to the School of Business Administration students. Assisting employers in their recruitment of Stetson University’s young professionals with the goal of providing skilled, problem solving, and articulate candidates.
John, his wife Amy and their two children (now young adults living away from home) have resided in DeLand, Florida, since 2001. The Sheehy family greatly enjoys the “Florida Lifestyle” including beach days, Walt Disney World and the year-round ability to tour the state on their Goldwing motorcycle.
Amy Barber, Assistant Director, Internships
- Students: Provides advising on the internship search process to students in all majors. Coaches students on resumes, cover letters and interviewing during the application process, and acts as a mentor on business culture and networking throughout the internship experience and beyond.
- Faculty: Partners with faculty across the campus to establish program specific internship requirements and expectations. Supports faculty internship instructors and department chairs to ensure academically credible internship experiences.
- Employers: Collaborates with employers looking to or currently hosting Stetson internship students. Provide support during the application and interview process and advise employers on Stetson’s requirements for internships.
Amy is a native of Central Florida and is happy to be home after a three-year hiatus in Boston. She received degrees from the University of Florida and Northeastern University, where she also worked with internship and Co-op students. In her free time, she loves to plan trips and adventures for her husband and dogs (Beast and Finn!) and to cheer on her Florida Gators!
Liz Connor, Assistant Director
- Students: Provides career and professional development support to students and alumni in the College of Arts and Sciences. Advising students about: resumes and CVs, cover letters, job searching, interviewing, graduate school preparation, personal statements, networking, and personal branding.
- Faculty: Welcomes collaboration with faculty in the College of Arts and Sciences to coordinate workshops and programs related to career and professional development.
- Employers: Provides information and suggestions, on-campus recruiting and branding strategies, and develops ways to feature employers through social media and marketing.
Before joining Stetson, Liz completed her master of arts in educational leadership and a bachelor of science in business administration at the University of Central Florida as a transfer student from Valencia College (Go Knights, Charge On!). She enjoys spending time with her family and pets, outdoor sports and listening to music (especially Kpop - Korean pop music).
James Perlotto, M.D., Health Professions Advisor
- Students: Provides counseling and advice about careers in the Health Professions, such as Medical, Dental, Nursing or Physician Assistant Schools, or graduate work in Biomedical Sciences or Public Health.
- Faculty: Teaches a Stetson course on "HIV/ AIDS in America", and guest lectures in Biology, Public Health, Health Science, "Literature and Medicine”, and BioEthics courses. Dr. Perlotto is available to consult or teach on topics related to medicine and medical care.
- Graduate Students: Provides counseling to students seeking to attend graduate school, including the application process, personal statements, mock interviewing, etc.
Dr. Perlotto graduated from Yale (first generation college student) and Boston University School of Medicine and is Board Certified in Family Medicine. Dr. Perlotto has been at Stetson since 2013 after serving 25 years at Yale University as Chief of Student Health and Athletic Medicine, where he remains an Associate Clinical Professor of Medicine and is a long-standing member of the Medical School Admissions Committee. He loves art, music, theatre, travel, baseball, hiking and his little Westie Terrier, "Stella". Lastly, he is married to Thomas Masse, Dean of the Stetson School of Music.
Sarah Brow, Graduate Assistant
- Students: Provides students guidance and assistance through the graduate school application process. Advises and coaches students regarding choice in major, job search and resume/CV writing. Reviews, edits, and offers feedback on student resumes, CVs, and cover letters.
- Faculty: Welcomes collaboration with faculty to coordinate workshops and programs related to career and professional development, especially in the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Graduate Schools: Provides graduate/professional school and program-specific outreach to connect students to continuing education opportunities after Stetson.
Sarah is a Double Hatter graduate student in the Counselor Education program at Stetson University where she specializes in working with couples and families. Outside of the classroom, Sarah enjoys all things outdoors, sustainable gardening, biking and spending time with her fur-children. On Sundays in the fall, you can find Sarah cheering on the New England Patriots!