Withdrawing from Stetson University

The decision to withdraw from Stetson University isn't an easy one to make. It's our sincere hope that we are able to partner with you and retain you as a member of the Stetson University family. However, we trust that at this time withdrawing is the best decision for you.

The university's withdrawal procedures require that you complete the withdrawal form and that you participate in an online exit interview; You are also required to review the impacts of withdrawing with the Bursar's Office and the Office of Student Financial Aid.

Important Note

The withdrawal process doesn't apply to students who wish to drop a course or courses.

Students have until the end of the first week of each semester to drop courses without financial penalty. Students may change their registration for most courses online by using my.stetson. The exact dates for each term's add/drop period are published in the academic calendar. See the University Catalog for more information.

Steps in the Withdrawal Process

Step 1

Review the refund/list of charges schedule (section titled "Student Withdrawal and Dropped Courses).  Fill in the withdrawal form, which must be printed once completed. If you are a residential student, this form must be signed by the Office of Residential Living and Learning.  If this is a medical withdrawal, please return the form to the Dean of Students Office located in the Carlton Union Building (CUB) Suite 205.  For more information specific to medical withdrawals, please review the medical withdrawal process information.

Step 2

After your withdrawal form has been processed by the Registrar's Office with all necessary signatures, visit the link below to complete the exit interview. Please don't complete the exit interview until your withdrawal has been processed.

» Student Exit Interview

Residential students only

If you're a residential student, you must move out of your room within 48 hours of the date of your withdrawal from the university. You will continue to be charged for your room until you check out and return your key.

Please contact the Office of Residential Living and Learning (located in the main office of University Hall - reachable by phone at 386-822-7201) immediately to discuss the arrangements for your departure.