Hurricane Matthew Information
Stetson University Hurricane Matthew Information
This page provides important academic updates related to changes caused by Hurricane Matthew. This page will be updated as information becomes available.
The University has updated the academic calendar. Please review the updates below as well as a revised Fall Calendar.
- FSEM Courses
- All FSEM courses will now end on December 2nd. Final exams for FSEM courses will be held on that date.
- Makeup Days
- Wednesday courses were significantly impacted by the Hurricane. Reading Day (12/10) has been designated as a regularly scheduled class day. 12/10 will follow a full Wednesday schedule.
- Faculty members will inform students of any makeup plans for each individual course.
- Reading Day is now on 12/11.
- Midterm Exams
- The University does not have an official midterm exam period. The midterm grade deadline has been extended to 12pm on 10/24.
- For faculty, the midterm grade entry in my.stetson will be available from 8am on 10/17 to 12pm on 10/24. The portal will close promptly at 12pm.
- Half-Term Courses
- The first half of the term courses will now end on 10/21. Final exams for the first half of the term courses will be held on 10/21.
- Grades for the first half of the term courses will be due on 10/28.
- The second half of the term courses will now start on 10/24. The course schedule search will not display this new start date.
- Last Day to Drop, Pass/Fail, and W grades
- The last day to drop a full-term course without academic penalty is now on 10/28.
- The last day to select the pass/fail option is now on 10/28.
- The last day to withdraw from all courses with a W grade is now on 10/28.
- Final Exams and Grades
- The final exam schedule remains unchanged.
- The final grades deadline remains unchanged.