- Stetson only has one commencement ceremony per year, though we do have three graduation dates per year: Summer, Fall and Spring.
- Students must apply to graduate and should do so in the semester prior to the semester they plan on graduation. This will alert their advisor, and also help the student, make note of items still needed to graduate.
- Graduation requirements are the responsibility of the student.
- Complete the application for graduation. This application is also located on the student's My.Stetson dashboard by searching for "Application."
- The commencement website provides more information regarding ordering regalia and announcements.
- Fall 2022 checklist - this link will be updated later on in the Fall of 2022. We use this link for those who have applied to graduate.
Early Participation in Commencement
Stetson allows students who are graduating in summer or fall of any given year to petition to walk early in the May commencement ceremony of that year. Below are the guidelines and there are no exceptions - if you do not meet the minimum criteria to walk, your request will be denied:
Undergraduate students must be within two units (8 credits) of completing a degree program, all Cultural Credits must be completed and no Latin Honors will be awarded at commencement.
Graduate students must have completed or be within one course of completing the degree program and/or one-degree completion requirement and must be able to complete this degree requirement by the end of the subsequent summer or fall term in order to participate in commencement. Participation in the ceremony does not imply that the student has completed a course of study. No degree is awarded until the completion of all degree requirements.
Students must be in good financial standing with the university by the first day of final exams for the spring semester.
Students who wish to participate early in commencement must apply to graduate for the semester in which they plan to graduate - not the semester in which the commencement is held. For example, if you are graduating in summer and want to walk early in May, you MUST apply to graduate summer, and then complete the petition to walk early in the May commencement. Please review the academic calendar for application deadlines.
Please complete this web form in order to receive permission to participate early.
Deadlines and Fees
The $100 graduation fee is charged to your student account. Please note that the graduation fee is required regardless of whether or not you participate in the commencement ceremony.
- Diplomas will be mailed to all graduated students two to three weeks after the graduation date. Graduated students will receive an email about the diploma once it is mailed.
- Majors and/or minors are not printed on diplomas.
- Students receiving master's degrees do not receive academic honors and therefore no honors are printed on diplomas.
- Only Latin Honors for undergraduate students are printed on diplomas.
- Final official transcripts can be requested ahead of time with the notation of holding the transcript for grades and degree.
- Effective with the graduation of December 2017, one official final transcript with degree noted will be mailed to all graduating students to their diploma mailing address - no exceptions.
- This transcript will be mailed approximately one month after the graduation date.