- Complete the application for graduation at the beginning of the semester in which you plan to graduate.
- The commencement website provides more information regarding ordering regalia and announcements.
- Spring 2022 graduation checklist will be posted later on in the semester
Early Participation in Commencement:
Undergraduate students must be within two units (8 credits) of completing a degree program, all Cultural Credits must be completed and no Latin Honors will be awarded at commencement.
Graduate students must have completed or be within one course of completing the degree program and/or one-degree completion requirement and must be able to complete this degree requirement by the end of the subsequent summer or fall term in order to participate in commencement. Participation in the ceremony does not imply that the student has completed a course of study. No degree is awarded until the completion of all degree requirements.
Students must be in good financial standing with the University by the first day of final exams for the spring semester.
Candidates must apply to graduate with the Registrar's Office for the term in which they plan to graduate - not the term in which the commencement is held. Please review the academic calendar for application deadlines.
Please complete this web form in order to receive permission to participate early.
Deadlines and Fees
The $100.00 graduation fee is charged to your student account. Please note that the graduation fee is required regardless of whether or not you participate in the commencement ceremony.
- Diplomas will be mailed to all graduated students two to three weeks after the graduation date. Graduated students will receive an email about the diploma once it is mailed.
- Majors and/or minors are not printed on diplomas.
- Students receiving master's degrees do not receive academic honors and therefore no honors are printed on diplomas.
- Only Latin Honors for undergraduate students are printed on diplomas.
- Final official transcripts can be requested ahead of time with the notation of holding the transcript for grades and degree.
- Effective with the graduation of December 2017, one official final transcript with degree noted will be mailed to all graduating students to their diploma mailing address - no exceptions.
- This transcript will be mailed approximately one month after the graduation date.