Social Impact and Sustainability Opportunities
- A Guide to Public Service by FireScience.org - A broad field that covers an array of occupations, public service offers individuals an opportunity to make an impact.
- AmeriCorps - AmeriCorps engages more than 75,000 Americans in intensive service each year at nonprofits, schools, public agencies, and community and faith-based groups across the country.
- Ashoka - Ashoka hosts volunteer and career opportunities for all students, striving to fulfill their vision of Everyone A Changemaker by encouraging people from all over the world to be involved in furthering their work.
- BackdoorJobs - BackdoorJobs is focused on connecting short-term job seekers to unique opportunities centered on performing meaningful work.
- B-Corporations - B Corps are for-profit companies certified by the nonprofit B Lab to meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency.
- City Year - City Year works to bridge the gap in high-poverty communities between the support that students actually need, and what their schools are designed and resourced to provide. In doing so, they are helping to increase graduation rates across the country.
- Global Brigades - Global Brigades is an international non-profit that empowers communities to meet their health and economic goals through university volunteers and local teams. Global Brigades aims to empower volunteers and under-resourced communities to resolve global health and economic disparities and inspire all involved to collaboratively work towards an equal world.
- Idealist - Idealist is all about connecting idealists - people who want to do good - with opportunities for action and collaboration.
- Japan Exchange & Teaching Program USA (JET) - The JET Program is an initiative sponsored by the Japanese government to promote internationalization at the grassroots level by bringing young, college-educated individuals to work in communities throughout Japan.
- JustMeans - Careers that enhance social and environmental good
- Mountbatten Institute - Full-time, one-year paid internship in London or New York with evening and weekend study. Receive a PGC or MBA in International Business Practice or an MA in Entrepreneurial Leadership in Global Business”
- Peace Corps - The Peace Corps is a life-defining leadership opportunity and a great way to launch a career in business, education, nonprofit organizations and government. Assignments vary, however, nearly all Volunteers fall under one of the following general categories: agriculture, youth development, environment, community economic development, education, and peace corps response.
- Public Allies - Public Allies Central Florida is a proud member of the AmeriCorps national service network who trains young leaders ("Allies") that support community projects in partnership with hundreds of local nonprofit organizations. Public Allies Central Florida, along with community partners serving children, youth and families, is focused on the improvement of the educational outcomes for children and youth in the foster care system and young adults transitioning to adulthood.
- Teach for America - By joining Teach For America, you join remarkable people from all backgrounds and professions who rise to the challenge to do what is right for kids. You'll teach for at least two years in a low-income community where you'll show students what's possible when they work hard and dream big.
- The United Way - United Way improves lives by mobilizing the caring power of communities around the world to advance the common good.
- Urban Teachers - Urban Teachers aims to equip every new teacher with the tools they need to make an immediate difference in student learning.