Identity-Based Career Resources
The resources listed below are categorized to be as diverse and inclusive of our Stetson community as possible and will be of assistance as you navigate your current and future path to success. If you do not locate a needed, specific resource, please, contact [email protected] so we may assist in your process.
Race and Ethnicity
- Job Well: A career advancement platform for Black, Latinx, and Native American students and professionals.
- All Black Creatives: A digital media platform for news, resources, and tools that helps Black creatives thrive in their careers.
- Black Career Women's Network: A national professional development organization focused on everything career-related to the success of African American Women. BCWN is on a mission to bridge the gap in support of professional development, particularly for women of color.
- The Memo: Coaching, advising, and career development for women of color. This platform goes beyond surface-level workplace issues (e.g., communication challenges) and digs deep to uncover solutions on hot topics such as intersectionality at work, overcoming microaggressions and building alliances at work.
Gender and Sexuality
- Movement Advancement Project: Map of Employment Non-Discrimination Laws in the United States of America.
- Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equality Index: The national benchmarking tool on corporate policies and practices related to LGBTQ+.
- Equality Florida Action, INC.: The largest civil rights organization dedicated to securing full equality for Florida’s lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) community.
- The Pride Chamber: The LGBT Chamber of Commerce is dedicated to the business equality movement in the Greater Orlando area and beyond.
- Best Practices for Non-Binary Inclusion in the Workplace
- Trans Job Seeker Guide: Overcoming Obstacles in the Job Market
- My Next Move for Veterans: Identify civilian careers similar to your military job.
- Military Crosswalk Search: Search codes or titles from the Military Occupational Classification and find similar civilian jobs and careers.
- Transition Assistance Program (TAP): Offers job-search assistance and related services to meet the needs of separating service members during their period of transition into civilian life.
- DAV: A leader in connecting veterans with meaningful employment, hosting job fairs, and providing career resources.
- USAJOBS Federal Government Careers for Veterans: If you’re a Veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces and were separated under honorable conditions, you may be eligible for veterans’ preference, as well as other veteran-specific hiring options.
- Student Veterans of America: To provide military veterans with the resources, support, and advocacy needed to succeed in higher education and following graduation.
Individuals with Disabilities
- Job Accommodation Network (JAN): The leading source of free, expert, and confidential guidance on workplace accommodations and disability employment issues.
- Emerging Leaders: A highly competitive program that places undergraduate and graduate students with disabilities in fulfilling summer internships and provides them with leadership development opportunities.
- Disabled World – Disability Employment: Work Information for Persons with Disabilities.
- My Blind Spot: List of informative links with resources for education, employment, travel, recreation, entertainment and more.