three students walking around campus and smiling together

Transfer Students FAQ

Find answers to frequently asked questions that will guide your smooth transfer experience to Stetson University

A student that has attended college/university classes after high school graduation. 

Transfer applicants who have obtained less than 30 college credits will need to provide official high school transcripts.

Can vary based on credits coming in, please contact your admissions recruiter or the Registrar’s office for more information. 

 Stetson University will accept up to 64 credits.

Stetson University may grant credit for courses successfully completed with a C or better from other accredited institutions. Stetson does not accept CLEP test or credits.

You can use our Transfer Equivalency Degree Audit to enter your transfer credits and see how those credits will apply to your intended degree.

Students go through a preliminary credit evaluation after being accepted to Stetson University. The registrar's office will evaluate the credits and see which can be applied to your degree at Stetson University. Students have access to review their degree audit after being accepted to Stetson.

Transfer students are considered for merit scholarships. They can also apply for federal aid by filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the proper year. Students will need to add Stetson's school code to the FAFSA in order to receive a financial aid package.

Yes, we have a Phi Theta Kappa scholarship which is awarded to students who participate in the PTK Honor Society of community colleges. It is currently $2,000 a year. This scholarship requires proof that they are a PTK member. Transfer students can also apply for many of the same scholarships as a freshman. 

Yes. Housing is available for transfer students. Transfer students who have completed 30 or more credits have the option to live off campus.

Transfer students who apply for the Honor's program on time will be considered.