First Year Applicants
Stetson University accepts the Stetson University Application and the Common Application. You must complete the application for admission and submit the required supporting materials to be considered for admission to Stetson University.
Application Deadlines and Decision Release Dates
Early Decision Application Deadline - November 1, 2021
- Decisions will be released on December 1, 2021
- Benefits of applying Early Decision
Early Action I Application Deadline - November 1, 2021
- Decisions will be released on December 15, 2021
Early Action II Application Deadline - January 15, 2022
- Decisions will be released on February 15, 2022
Regular Decision Application Deadline - February 15, 2022
- Decisions will be released on March 15, 2022
A $50.00 non-refundable fee must accompany your application for admission. Checks should be made payable to Stetson University. The fee may be paid online.
If you cannot pay the fee, you may submit the College Board Request for Waiver of College Application Fee or the NACAC Request for Waiver of Application Fee. Your high school counselor must use the ATP guidelines distributed by the College Board for the fee waiver.
Early Admission Information
- Early Decision (November 1): If you are certain that Stetson is where you want to enroll, we encourage you to apply under our Early Decision plan. Decisions will be available by December 1, 2021; if admitted, you will be required to commit to Stetson and submit an Intent to Enroll by January 8, 2022 upon acceptance. Due to the binding nature of Early Decision, you are not permitted to apply to other binding Early Decision programs. However, you are permitted to apply to non-restrictive Early Action programs at other institutions. With the Early Decision plan, you agree to withdraw all applications at other colleges and enroll at Stetson if admitted. View the benefits of applying Early Decision.
- Early Action I (November 1) and Early Action II (January 15): Our Early Action deadlines are best for students who would like to apply early and receive an admissions decision early, but are not certain about what college they would like to attend. Early Action I decisions will be released on December 15, 2021 and Early Action II decisions will be released on February 15, 2022. Applying as an Early Action applicant does not constitute a binding commitment to attend if admitted. If you would like to compare admissions offers and financial aid packages from multiple colleges when making your final decision, Early Action is a better choice than an Early Decision plan.
- Regular Decision (February 15): Our Regular Decision deadline is the standard non-binding application plan. Applying as a Regular Decision applicant does not constitute a binding commitment to attend if admitted. Decisions will be released on March 15, 2022.
Office of Admission
421 N. Woodland Blvd.
DeLand, FL 32723
Office of Admissions Fax Number: 386-822-7112
Letters of Recommendation
First-year applicants are required to submit at least one letter of recommendation.
Letters of recommendation should be written and signed by the person making the recommendation and can be emailed to the Office of Admission at email@example.com. Letters of recommendations can also be submitted online through the Counselor/Teacher Recommendation form.
All applicants are required to submit a writing sample. The writing sample can use one of the essay topics below or may be a graded paper or essay.
- Discuss an issue of state, national or global concern to you.
- If you could live your life fighting for one cause, what would it be and why?
- Describe a time you did not meet expectations and what impact the experience had on you.
- What gives meaning to your life?
- If you wrote a letter to yourself to be opened in 20 years, what would it say?
Standardized Testing Scores
In light of COVID-19, we are waiving test scores regardless of testing plan.
Stetson University values academic achievement, commitment to personal values, leadership, talent, character and initiative above standardized testing. Therefore, submitting standardized test results for admission consideration is optional. Score-optional consideration is an alternative for applicants who feel that their test scores don't adequately reflect their level of academic achievement and/or accurately predict their potential. However, if you feel that your test scores are a good reflection of your ability, we are happy to use them for admission consideration along with your other supporting materials.
Stetson University's testing codes are 0756 (ACT) and 5630 (SAT).
Since accuracy is critical, you should have a copy of your high school transcript available to use as a reference. Course requirements are listed below in our Admissions Standards.
Upon receiving an initial admission decision, send an official copy of high school transcripts and complete all other missing requirements. Additionally, final official transcripts are due prior to the first day of class.
To be considered for admission, applicants must satisfactorily complete a college preparatory program in high school. Because high school programs and grading systems vary widely, the secondary school program cannot be rigidly prescribed; however, the Admissions Committee is most interested in the student with solid academic achievement in five or more college preparatory courses each of the four years of high school.
Minimum preparation must include
- Four years of English;
- At least three years of math, including Algebra I, Geometry, and Algebra II;
- Three years of natural science;
- Two years of social science; and
- Two consecutive years of a foreign language (American Sign Language is recognized as a foreign language).
Suitable college preparatory electives will complete the applicant's program. A grade point average of greater than 3.0 is typical for students accepted to Stetson.
Your Status Page
Your Status Page is created when you submit an application to Stetson University. Your status page includes your checklist to complete your application. An email is sent with your username and password within the week following submission.