Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I take summer college courses?
- Add a minor or second major
- Accelerate your academic program
- Keep on track for graduation
- Take required and elective classes that are hard to schedule in the fall and spring semesters
- Study on campus, at home, or anywhere in the world
- Online courses either meet at designated times or are set up to meet your needs
When can I take summer college courses?
- Session 1: May 21 - June 19
- Session 2: May 21 - July 10
- Session 3: June 21 - July 20
How much will it cost?
- Full-unit course: $2,048
- Quarter-unit course: $512
- Half-unit course: $1,024
- Three-quarter-unit course: $1,536
- Internship course unit rate: $500
- Half-unit internship course: $250
Can I live on campus?
Students are welcome to live on campus during class sessions at $135 per week. The housing rate for students living in on-campus housing but not enrolled in Stetson University summer school is $200 per week.
When and how can I register?
Current Stetson Students
Registration is available on a set date, posted by the university prior to classes beginning. A registration pin to enroll in summer classes is no longer necessary. Browse the summer course offerings and register now!
Visit the Office of Admissions website to begin your enrollment process.
Fill out the non-degree seeking student form and visit the Office of Admissions website. Once filled out, you work with the registrar's office to register for courses. We also ask for a transcript from your current institution and a form showing approval from your institution to take the course(s) at Stetson.
How many summer college courses can I take?
Undergraduate students may take up to two courses (equivalent of eight credit hours) per session or overlapping sessions. The maximum course load for the entire summer for undergraduate students is three courses (equivalent to 12 credit hours).
What are the regulations regarding withdrawals/refunds?
See the current refund policy on page 23 of the Stetson University Catalog which states: "In the summer term, students who withdraw within the first week will receive a tuition and residence hall refund of 50 percent. After one week, no refunds will be made."
Is there financial assistance available for summer courses?
The Office of Financial Planning can provide information on financial assistance options available to undergraduate students during the summer. The office may be contacted at 386-822-7120.